Author Topic: Can anyone help please.  (Read 1023 times)

Offline theshrew

Can anyone help please.
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »
Bit of a long shot but Hopefully one of you nice Cocker owners will be able to help please.

I want to check I'm giving Candy enough food. I no how much I need to give her but being a man I don't have scales  :D

So does anyone have any idea how I could find out how much 195g of food is ? Or could one of you nice people weigh a bit of food and give me a idea of how many pint glasses full it would be or something like that.

Thanks

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
Re: Can anyone help please.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 01:10:03 PM »
Depending on the size of the kibble, I filled a pint glass up to the groove bit near the top for 195g.  Odie's kibble is small round JWB size so if yours is larger, it will be less iyswim  :lol2:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline theshrew

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:17:51 PM »
Thanks very much for your help  :D :D :D

That's the same food as she's on so thats brilliant.

She seems a bit skinny compared to how Missy was / is so just wanted to check. It must be that's she's just built for speed not for cuddles  :lol2: :lol2:

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 01:39:53 PM »
Well, Odie has only been on JWB for about a month so can't comment on his weight atm but he was on a worker food (he's a show though) - Dr John's Silver which he loved but he never seemed to gain any weight.  He is deceiving as he's very fluffy when dry but looks like a skinned rabbit when wet :lol2:  The good thing is he is eating a good amount of JWB whereas he wasn't on the other one.

How old is Candy?  I'm giving roughly in the middle of the 10-20kg range which seems OK for Odie who is 2.
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline theshrew

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:55:23 PM »
Think she's 14 or 15 weeks old now. She's quite long and tall nearly as tall as Missy who's 3.5 now. Maybe she will fill out when she slows down with growing

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 05:55:22 PM »
They do go through growth spurts so I wouldn't worry too much if you're feeding her the correct amount.  Odie was nearly 16" tall by the time he was around 7/8 months old and he never got any taller but he did fill out as he got older.   :D

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »
Or could one of you nice people weigh a bit of food and give me a idea of how many pint glasses full it would be or something like that.

:005: :005: love this!
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
Can I just say that I don't drink pints :lol2:  We have a couple of glasses in the cupboard for visitors who drink beer or lager ( :020::D

sarahR

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
Can I just say that I don't drink pints :lol2:  We have a couple of glasses in the cupboard for visitors who drink beer or lager ( :020::D

A likely story  :lol2:

Offline seaangler

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »
Or 367 dry Pisces of kibble ;)

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »
Or 367 dry Pisces of kibble ;)

I can't believe you counted Chris..... :005:

A likely story  :lol2:

Absolutely true!  We both only drink wine and spirits (so could have measured the kibble in either a wine glass or tumbler for you :005:)

Offline theshrew

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »
I felt like I'd been drinking pints of wine this morning  ph34r