Author Topic: Natural dog food company  (Read 795 times)

Offline Catie74

Natural dog food company
« on: April 03, 2012, 10:29:46 PM »
Does anyone use this food or heard about it.  I have just started Willow on it who  desperately needs to shift the kilos.  I rescued her yesterday and on research felt that this was a better option.  I have never had to get a dos to lose weight before so this is new ground
Here is a link to the company.  Once willow has reached a suitable weight I am considering putting both her and Archie on the normal Adult dog food.  He is on Skinners duck and rice or CSJ complete tripe at the moment, but I would only give him 110g of this a day so the cost evens itself out really as I give 190g at the moment and this food looks more natural.  Plus the kibble seems to weigh a lot less than Skinners/CSJ so he will feel he is getting more.  Bonus!

http://www.naturaldogfoodcompany.com/Adult-Food-Ingredients.html

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Natural dog food company
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
My two rainbow girls were on this and so now are Phoebe and Mia :luv: they do very well on it, it is all natural food in it no rubbish at all ;) I would recommend this to anybody. x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline jessandme

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
We've used this in the past, it is excellent. 

We switched to Burns (also excellent, and equally good quality) because Jess has a tendency to gain weight since she was spayed, and having heard on here about people having problems keeping the weight on their dogs on Burns, thought that it would be a good idea for Jess.  She loves it and we are having no weight problems - she's on the Fish & Rice.

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »
Myself and a few others here use Skinners duck and rice or salmon and rice - it's a good, wheat/gluten free complete food for half the price!

Offline Catie74

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 01:52:22 PM »
Archie does have skinners at the moment, but this food works out the same price as you feed less or it and there is nothing else in it, completely natural and they seems to be more kibble per weight ratio so Archie will feel he is getting more

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 02:05:36 PM »
We feed ours with Skinners but change the type during the year. At the moment they are both on http://www.skinnerspetfoods.co.uk/products/field---trial-products/maintenance/  with this http://www.skinnerspetfoods.co.uk/products/field---trial-products/muesli-mix/ and mix this in with the maintenace twice a week (as they train for at least 9 hours a week on top of their usual walks).
The when the season starts we then feed them the muesli with http://www.skinnerspetfoods.co.uk/products/field---trial-products/working-23/
Along with bones and liver etc as treats
This seems to work for us

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »
Archie does have skinners at the moment, but this food works out the same price as you feed less

You would have to feed half the amount of Natural Instinct for this to be the case? I feed 200mg Skinners a day, whcih looks to be about the same as the guide for NI  :huh:

Offline Catie74

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 12:22:23 AM »
Archie does have skinners at the moment, but this food works out the same price as you feed less

You would have to feed half the amount of Natural Instinct for this to be the case? I feed 200mg Skinners a day, whcih looks to be about the same as the guide for NI  :huh:

The food I am talking about is not Natural Instinct, it is the Natural dog food company.  They only do dog food

Offline jessandme

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
Recommended feeding amounts are the same for the Natural Dog Food Company and for Burns.  I've been caught that way before - CSJ is cheap per kilo but you need to feed larger amounts.