Author Topic: Taste of the Wild.  (Read 430 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Taste of the Wild.
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:03:50 AM »
Does anyone use it?  Is it as good as they say? :-\
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Re: Taste of the Wild.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »
I switched Pippa and Barney to it about 2 months ago and we think it is really good.  Pippa has a sensitive stomach.  As Barney had always been fed JWB, I tried to feed them both that but Pippa had loose stools with it.  I tried other foods for her but found that she would only tolerate wet Chappie.  I wasn't happy with her being on that and continued to look for something better quality to try and came across Taste of the Wild which seemed to have higher and better protein content than JWB and no grains.

Since I switched both dogs onto it, they are both doing really well.  Both have firm stools.  Barney's coat has improved (Pippa's was already good), Barney no longer has flaky skin and, importantly, they both really like the food.  I even use it for training and recall treats.  Barney's recall isn't good, so for him to come back just for a piece of his normal kibble, it must taste good!

The only slight problem with it is availability.  Zooplus often sell out, but I now get it from Kennelgate and they seem to have better stock levels.  I have ordered from them twice now and both times it was delivered the next day.  One 6.8kg bag feeds both my dogs for a month for about £26, so I think it is pretty good value.