Author Topic: supplements for barf diet  (Read 560 times)

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
supplements for barf diet
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:19:03 PM »
when BARF feeding do you add any supplements
Like Kelp... or salmon oil or vit C

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
Re: supplements for barf diet
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:29:15 PM »
George just has 2 Yumove tablets  with his breakfast, but neither of them get any other supplements  ;)
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline max2011

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »
Max has been on a BARF diet for about 6 weeks now. I asked the same question on britbarf yahoo group but got no replies so have ordered a small bottle of salmon oil and a tub of keepers mix. I don't think you need to add supplements but until I can find out for sure I thought I would use these for now.

Offline janandted

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
Mollie has been on raw diet since she was 9 wks ."......I have never given any supplements although she does have oily fish at least once a week . If fed a varied diet it shouldn't be necessary. ;)

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »
I don't give any supplements, but we use Natural Instinct and I think some of the foods we buy from them have salmon oil etc., already mixed in.

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline tangy tango

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 01:58:44 PM »
I asked this question recently as I was worried I was going a bit overboard since I started raw feeding last year, although the supplements I do give I picked up from this forum  :D  I feed quite a variety of raw meats, fish, eggs etc and sometimes bits of veg/fruit.  I generally feed a mince with bone on a morning to which I add my supplements.

The supplements I currently use are Dorwest Keepers Mix, F4Ds Salmon Oil and CSJ Billy No Mates.  I have also started giving a joint supplement as the dogs all do flyball.

I have recently joined a raw feeding group on facebook which I have found really useful, lots of experienced people but all doing their own version of raw and there doesn't seem to be a right or wrong way in terms of supplements.  Its helped me venture into the world of pigs trotters and raw fish  :005: 

Offline Maria

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »
Charlie has some Pet Plus added to most meals, salmon oil and occasionally some natural goats yoghurt.