Author Topic: Which is worse?  (Read 977 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Which is worse?
« on: August 23, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »
Waiting for you to pick up your pup or waiting till their vaccinations are complete.

Vaccinations is worse for me.   >:D

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
Re: Which is worse?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:04 AM »
Vaccinations!

We're going off our nut, Storm & Dougal are 11 weeks this Saturday  :012: got weeks untill we can go out!

Only so much you can do in the garden.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:50:02 AM »
Vaccinations!

We're going off our nut, Storm & Dougal are 11 weeks this Saturday  :012: got weeks untill we can go out!

I don't even have a garden - just a tiny stoned area outside the front - the wait was excrutiating! Was such a relief when I could take him further!

Offline Holly2009

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »
Vaccinations!

I don't even have a garden - just a tiny stoned area outside the front - the wait was excrutiating! Was such a relief when I could take him further!
I'd rather a stoned area! We've a garden of big muddy holes! And a constant muddy floor ph34r  ;)

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 12:06:36 PM »
Actually the stoned area was very easy to train him in - he had his spots for wees and poos! He doesn't go much further afield now when we're just popping down to go to the loo. He did have a habit of trying to eat the stones though.
There is a big dog exercise area opposite, though, which is almost like a garden and he's making existing holes bigger, creating some new ones, and eating anything he can get his mush on! So we too have muddy floors now!

Offline RegalRustyCharm

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 12:12:41 PM »
I found waiting to pick up my pup much harder!
The two weeks between choosing her and collecting her were so painful! All i could think of was dogs, dogs, dogs and just spent the two weeks wishing the time away.
I carried her around outside before her vaccinations had kicked in so still got out with her a little bit. I remember not being that excited about taking her for walks anyway because I knew I would be sticking to the 5 mins per month rule so wouldn't be going that far for ages. I just love long walks with dogs wandering over open fields and I knew it would be ages before I could enjoy that.

Offline Peony

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 01:23:18 PM »
The wait for the vaccinations was much worse for me! Our vet does them 4 weeks apart and then asks you to wait another 2 weeks for it to properly kick in! It was such a long wait.
Gemma & Gracie

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »
Waiting for the vaccinations, our vet said to wait two weeks to go out so it was 4 weeks after bringing him home that we had to wait for a walk.

Offline dianna1

• http://picasaweb.google.com/sosNron
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 04:24:44 PM »
Waiting to cuddle and generally smother puppy at home was definitely the worse.  Once I had him home he was MINE.

Offline karendorman13

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 07:26:10 AM »
The wait to take him out after his needles. i have 12 more days to go before he can go out, plus he is starting to get heavy and wriggles now when we are out and he sees grass

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 07:37:13 AM »
The wait to pick mine up was worse for me.  I had a 2 week wait to pick up Charlie and have never spent so much time in P@H buying lots of stuff for my new puppy  :005:

I had to wait longer to pick Dexter up, I just couldn't wait to get him home and it dragged.
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline lettie10

• Jazz & Bailey
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 07:42:57 AM »
Bit of both really as I had my name down for a pup with my breeder before the litter was even born so from birth to 8 weeks was excrutiating.  She is a fair distance from my home too so only had one pre collection visit :'(

However, now with still 2 weeks to go before we can venture out it is equally as bad as I get the most unbelievable sad eye look every time I go out with "big sister Jazz" and have to leave her behind.  It will of course get even more interesting juggling walks of different lengths with 2 dogs every day ;) ;)
"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 07:49:14 AM »
I used to take both out together carrying Dexter in a rucksack on my front and popping him down in the fields for his little walks. I used to get some odd looks.

Even now if I get my rucksack out Dexter looks at it hopeful I'm going to pop him in it  :005:
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 10:27:51 AM »
Waiting to take them out after inoculations, though I used to carry Dennis for a couple of weeks to get him used to the outside world, while Minnie got her normal walk

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »
I had to wait an extra week before I could pick Fred up and it was the longest week of my life..........................
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce