Author Topic: Fish in tomato sauce, do you give dogs the sauce too?  (Read 17434 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Fish in tomato sauce, do you give dogs the sauce too?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 06:50:52 AM »
I give Riley morrisons own brand mackeral fillets in olive oil, I drain most of the oil off .
Only reason is my son buys them in for himself. I tend to add about half a can to his kibble and reduce the kibble. Or for a treat he gets them at lunchtime sometimes.

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 08:08:48 PM »
I used to give Pearl sardines in olive oil until the lady from the lawn care people suggested putting a bit of tomato puree into her food to help stop the burnt patches on the lawn.  Not sure if its moving her onto sardines in tomato sauce [once or twice a fortnight] or being spayed but the lawn is looking better ;)

Your lawn is probably looking better because of all the rain we've been having. :(

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »

Your lawn is probably looking better because of all the rain we've been having. :(
[/quote]

good point - Pearl does enjoy her sardines in tomato sauce though.....good job she has a snood :005:

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 11:54:49 AM »
I used to give Pearl sardines in olive oil until the lady from the lawn care people suggested putting a bit of tomato puree into her food to help stop the burnt patches on the lawn.  Not sure if its moving her onto sardines in tomato sauce [once or twice a fortnight] or being spayed but the lawn is looking better ;)

Someone, somewhere told me once that adding a tablespoon of tomato juice every day to a bitch's food stops their wee burning the lawn (apparently the acid in the tomato juice counteracts the alkaline wee, which is what burns the grass)  Never did try it though so can't comment on it's effectiveness.