Author Topic: Am I giving my puppies enough food?  (Read 430 times)

Offline slfreo88

Am I giving my puppies enough food?
« on: October 05, 2012, 11:47:35 PM »
Hi I am hoping someone can help me, I am getting a little confused about how much to feed my two 10 week old puppies, I have them on wainwrights salmon and potato dry food, the guide says at 2-6 months 100-390g per day. I have been giving them 40g 3 times a day but when they eat its like they haven't been fed before!!Look forward to any help or advice anyone can offer me!! :blink: Oh and they both weigh about 3 kg Thanks!!

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
Re: Am I giving my puppies enough food?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 07:43:34 AM »
I can't help with the specific food they are on, although from those guidelines the amount you are giving sounds about right.

But I can tell you that our cocker falls on every meal we give her like she has not been fed for weeks! I think a lot of cockers do!
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »
I would normally be feeding 4x daily until the age of 16 weeks....maybe increase a little or add in additional meal...but in all honesty most cockers would eat round the clock  :005:

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline slfreo88

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
Thanks for your replies, I think I just needed a bit of reassurance that they weren't left feeling hungry! Been to the vets today for the 2nd jabs and he was happy with them wo going to stop worrying! :blink: I am going to increase the food a little but going to stick to 3 meals as that's what they came to us having and seem to be in a routine (ish)! Thanks again! :D