Author Topic: Feeding Raw Human Grade Meat Dilemma  (Read 923 times)

Offline anna*sian

Feeding Raw Human Grade Meat Dilemma
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:56:06 AM »
Hello,

I've been raw feeding my two boys for the past month, starting off with a lot of Prize Choice/Natures Menu plus meaty bones.  I'm not 100% happy with the quality of some of the range and have been having a look at some other raw food suppliers.  I really like the fact that Natural Instinct supplies Human Grade meats, personally it just makes feeding raw feel a bit safer (as I'm a newbie to raw).  The only thing stopping me ordering with Natural Instinct unfortunately is the cost  :embarassed:  I have also looked at Nurturing by Nature who seem to have a really good variety of reasonably priced meat minces and also meaty bones.  I can't see anything on their website though about the meat being Human Grade?

Is anyone using Nurturing by Nature regularly and if so would you reccommend it? 

Am I being too fussy worrying about Human Grade meats?  :huh:

Thanks in advance for any help with my dilemma  :blink:

Offline janandted

• Donator
Re: Feeding Raw Human Grade Meat Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
Yes I use nurturing by nature,it is human grade meat they supply. Quite a few others on here use it too. ;)

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 02:16:24 PM »
I currently use Natural Instinct but would like to spend a bit less if I can ;) so I have just placed my first order with Manifold Valley Farm and the lady there said all their meat is human grade.  http://www.manifoldvalleymeats.co.uk/barf-diet-products/
They charge £10 delivery for 25kg.
Janet & Poppy

Offline janandted

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
Someone also recommended ' Landywoods ' to me ,I haven't used it but was told it Is human grade and less expensive than Nurturing by Nature. ;) I wouldn't change as NByN is local to me  :shades:

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »
Manifold Valley Meats are lovely people - if you're local to them you can pick up or they can also deliver to you if you're somewhere along their day to day 'routes' as they go to / from market etc

Just taken delivery of my monthly order .. meat for us and the girls :)

Haven't used Landywoods, but previously I have used DAF (Durham Animal Feeds) products supplied by RawToGo - not sure if they were human grade meats, but they looked 'nice' enough and were about half the price of NI.

NI is fabulous for convenience though :)
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 08:51:42 AM »
I only use meat sold for human consumption, mainly because I don't have a huge amount of freezer space despite having two fridge freezers as we are a family of 5. I started off feeding raw 10 yrs ago with 1 dog then 6 yrs ago it was 3 then for the last 4 yrs its been 4 dogs and I find this method perfect for me plus it may even be cheaper for me. The only exception I have is I buy a small infrequent amount of frozen tripe from PAH or Croston corn mill.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline mlynnf50

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
I make my own from meat from the supermarket, buy it once a month, come home cut it up and put it into bags, so he has a mixture of muscle offal and bone based on his weight, then I freeze it and bring it out every morning to defrost, can't get the pre mixed stuff here.

Offline anna*sian

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »
Thank you all for your replies  :blink:

I thought I'd give it a go and placed an order yesterday with Nurturing by Nature and it arrived this morning - Looks very nice indeed, very pleased with the service and quality/quantity.  Next on the agenda is to convince my husband to buy a chest freezer  :lol2:

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 09:46:22 PM »
Another happy nurturing by nature customer here :D

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk