Author Topic: Not enough?  (Read 431 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Not enough?
« on: October 16, 2012, 10:04:25 AM »
Harry is a 16 week working Cocker

I've been feeding Harry on JWB he gets approx 200gr divided into 3 meals a day. This has worked quite well. However Harry has got serious wind and frequently clears the room. I decided to change his food to Arden Grange but before I could Harry had the dreaded first time squirts, so it was on to chicken (M&S of course) rice and pasta which has sort of done the trick, hes just about over it and I am reintroducing his kibble and sticking with a bit chicken.

He used to eat all his food, albeit having a few trips to polish it off, now it's heads down and doesn't come up for air till his bowl is clean. Is he hungry because he's had diarrhoea? And we had to starve him a bit. Or is he hungry because the chicken/rice isn't filling him as much as his kibble? Or is he hungry because he's getting bigger and requires more energy? Or is it he just prefers M&S chicken, I know I do.

He's quite small by Cocker standards and weighs 5.9kg last week, though he may be a little down on weight due to the diarrhoea. His mum and dad are also small.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Not enough?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 10:20:13 AM »
To be honest, that does sound enough for him. Riley is fed JWB, he has had 200g each day for months, (now 8 months) and has 100g twice a day,
He also has the odd treat/fish chew etc during the day.
He never ever comes up for breath and never has done. Typical greedy cocker.

Offline Honormum

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
Teddy's on JWB puppy kibble and I looked at the feeding guide on the sack last night. I think it said upto 240g for a 2 month old dog (assuming he qualifies as a medium breed). :-\

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »
I think its quite vague and general as it has the amount for a 10-20kg medium dog but I based that Riley full grown would be halfway between this weight roughly.
Plus if they are having bits of treats etc during the day .

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »
Dennis is 12.75kg at 24 weeks. We split 250g of Applaws into 2 meals. The vet is very happy with his progress but she can still feel his ribs (though getting more difficult through his very thick fur coat).

This food contains a lot of protein for muscle building but no cereals, so we get less pooh

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »
Thanks folks

I think Harry's just getting a tad greedy, though he wouldn't be the first