Author Topic: Gas problems.  (Read 495 times)

Offline Joskelly

Gas problems.
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
I wonder if you can help me.

I am feeding dexter who is nearly 12 weeks old Eukanuba which is what the breeder gave us.  He has been home for 3 weeks now and the gassy smells are just  :020:  Also his poo's are still quite sloppy.  I have been thinking of changing his food (I know that this needs to be done VERY gradually).  So my question is what is the best food to avoid sloppy poo's and smelly trumps  :005:

Offline jaybee

• Donator
Re: Gas problems.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
They're all different, so what works for one won't necessarily work for another.

Bingley came home on Eukanuba and had bad wind and sloppy poos. We did try James Wellbeloved but that was even worse! Quite a few posts have popped up recently re JWB and wind, but like I say different foods suit different dogs. He's raw fed now and no problems in either department.

Others you could perhaps consider:
Barking Heads, Symply, Applaws, Burns, Fish4dogs.
If you do a search you'll see lots of kibble recommendations.

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
Charlie was on JWB when he came home, he stunk...so much so the first night I almost had to evacuate the bedroom...He never has wind, so I gave him some JWB in a treat ball and the wind afterwards was "ripe".

Charlie is fussy with kibble and the only one he will eat (occasionally) is the Applaws one :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »
Riley is on JWB and only ever smelled him a few times, It really agrees with him.
He has guts of steel me thinks though.

Offline Millie12

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »
We weaned millie on to eukanuba after believing we would struggle to get the food her breeder was giving her as it wasnt avaliable in shops, however we had problems too, very sloppy and pooing way to much, we even took her the vet with blood in her poop, we have since spoke to nutritionists at CSJ the food she used to be on and they have been a great help sending us samples to try ect :) we are weanig her onto little champ (very reasonable prices too!) and she seems to be fine just hope she continues to be or we will be looking for a sensitive stomach food, every dog is different but maybe have a look and give that a try, my mum spoke to them often on my behalf as i was in work but she said they were very helpful, what we do for our pooches eh haha fed like the queen  :luv:  :005:

Offline sarahm2008

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »
Sandon came from the breeder on arden grange and I have to say so far so good, we got a free bag for JWB and Euakanuba and I didnt want it to go to waste so he has it as treats sometimes and to be honest when he does .....bring out the gas masks!!!!!

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »
Clover was brought up on Royal Canin but when she was 12 months old I changed her to JWB (I buy 3 of the flavours: fish, turkey, duck, and dish up a different flavour each meal) She has no problems with wind unless she has had too many training treats - then she is EVIL!  >:D Just a thought - is it actually the Eukanuba causing Dexter's wind - or could it be any training treats he has? 
To know them is to love them.....