Author Topic: Irene 9 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears  (Read 2573 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Irene 9 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears
« on: June 02, 2015, 04:46:48 PM »
http://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=13556

30-05-2015 Irene is a 9 year old ex breeding Cocker Spaniel.  She is a very sweet girl who initially is quiet timid but with gentle encouragement will relax a little.  She does not walk on a lead and will need to learn all about house training and liviang in a home. Irene will need another dog or dogs in the home and is good with both male and female dogs.  In a loving home with  a new family who are prepared to give her a new start we are sure Irene will become be a happy and confident dog.  This will time time and patience so if you have these please complete an application form.

02-06-15 UPDATE
Irene has had a number of lumps removed from her mammary area by our vet.  She has come through the operation well but is rather sore today. We cannot say for sure what the lumps are but spaying her should reduce the chances of them returning or slow down the rate of growth should they return which is something that her new adopters would need to be aware of and will need to be monitored by their vet. Irene needs a lot of love and a soft warm bed to call her own
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline AndyB

• Donator
Re: Irene 9 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »
Aaaw Irene is beautiful - she doesn't look her age.   Everything crossed someone comes along very soon with that soft warm bed and lots of love for her.

Offline Dinah

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »
Irene arrived yesterday.  She's starting her journey as a pet cocker.  While she's waiting for her forever home she has her choice of warm beds, tasty food and cocker friends to snuggle up to. Irene is a real sweetheart. :luv:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:58:52 PM »
Oh bless her what a lovely girl she looks...hope she finds a home soon.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
20/7/15 Update

....Irene settled in quickly.  Called Sadie here, she sleeps through the night in the kitchen with my dogs and has been going in the garden to toilet since her second day in foster.  She ignores my cats, gets on well with every dog she meets and travels well in the car.  We've been building up her 'walking muscles' and she's first in line to have her harness on to go for her walk in the woods - she's off-lead there now and has good recall, never going far away.
.....Sadie gets on well with all the dogs she meets, and loves the fuss other dog walkers make of her. Out and about, she's met horses, cyclists and joggers; she takes no notice of them.  Her playful nature is emerging - as well as playing tug with my dogs, she is a 'collector' - my gardening gloves/washing waiting to go in the machine... all end up in her bed.
.....She has been left with my dogs whilst I've been out for a couple of hours and is not destructive.  Sadie does like to know where her person is 'though so she needs a forever home where someone is around most of the day.  The company of another dog/dogs is a must too. Sadie is a delight to foster.  She deserves the best retirement life, which includes quality walks - she is learning how to be a 'proper' cocker spaniel!  Someone is going to be very lucky to adopt her.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline Dinah

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 12:52:24 PM »
There's also a video of Irene on the MT update.

https://youtu.be/q5i3W8vsgGg

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 05:58:07 PM »
Oh I watched the video and  :luv:

Ollie would not be pleased with me :005:

I do hope Sadie get a home soon - how  happy she looks with the other dogs in the woods, like she belongs, so lovely.

Julie

Offline vixen

• Stevie and Marley
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 09:58:38 AM »
Oh bless her  :luv: :luv: :luv:
Wonderful to see her being so brave and experiencing new things  :luv: :luv:
I have to say how much I admire Dinah and the other fosterers who welcome these abused dogs into their homes  :bigarmhug:  They really are heroes to me as it can't be easy to have these dogs knowing what they have been through.  They really are stars and do such a vital job  :clapping:.  To help a dog on its journey to its forever home is such a selfless role. I would love to be able to do it but unfortunately Stevie wouldn't tolerate another dog in the house (having her sister is bad enough for her  ph34r).
So just want to say a MASSIVE thank you Dinah for doing what you are doing and sharing the experiences with us.  :luv: :luv:
Really really hope Sadie finds her forever home soon.  :luv:
Max (GSP)  always in my heart

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »
Agreed.  :luv:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 12:08:37 PM »
I agree too......but I wouldn't want to let them go.  Sadie on Youtube pulled at the heart strings, and the Queen song.....it was joy and tears at the same time.

You are a star Dinah.

Julie

Offline Dinah

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 07:03:05 AM »
She's reserved.  :-*