Author Topic: Viewing members list  (Read 2896 times)

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Viewing members list
« on: November 09, 2015, 01:11:57 PM »
Hi,
Just wondered if there is a facility for viewing the list of members? would be interested if anyone lives local to me. Tks.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Viewing members list
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 02:40:02 PM »
You can search through the list of members, but it would take an age to find where anyone lives.  Also, probably the majority of people do not actually put where they live  ;)

Would be a better idea to start a thread asking if there is anyone in your area - that way you will get the people who are active on COL, there are loads of people who are registered but who no longer or rarely come onto the forum  ;)

If you are thinking of organising a meet up of people local to you, you could start a thread in the COL meet ups section  :D

Have just noticed that you are in Germany - tbh it is unlikely.  We do have some overseas members but the majority are in the UK  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 02:54:43 PM »
Thanks Joules, - yes I see what you mean, probably like looking for a needle in a haystack!! I can't see any Members List on my menu though, just wondered if I was looking in vain for something that didn't exist? I joined a very similar German forum but it closed down a week after I joined! >:(
(- but maybe thats just as well, otherwise I wouldn't have looked, and found COL. !!!) This is a Great community, thanks to everyone involved!!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 03:40:39 PM »
I can see it at the top, but not sure if it is just visible to Moderators then :dunno:

Anyway, there are about 9,500 members on the list so it could be quite a task  :lol2:

I know there are a few members in Europe (France, Switzerland at least) but not aware of anyone else in Germany.  Still, always worth asking the question  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 05:59:03 PM »
yes, that must be it - definately not on my menu. No problem - many thanks anyway!