Author Topic: Sorry but a No2 question  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Shibbs

Sorry but a No2 question
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:52:22 PM »
 I was wondering if someone could please advise. Belle has been having very loose, soft poos for the last 3 or 4 days, some to the point of being very runny. ( sorry for the detail!) The only thing that has changed is we dropped her down to 3 meals a day a week ago, that's the only thing that I can tie in to it. She is on pro plan puppy dry food and loves it.
Is there anything I should do and is it anything to worry about?
She still eats well, enjoys her treats when out walking and playing and acting as normal.
Thanks very much in advance for any advice..
'Belle'
Stu

Offline Markr64

• Donator
Re: Sorry but a No2 question
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 07:09:08 AM »
Tummy upsets can be common with slight changes, keep a close eye on her and ensure that she is drinking plenty. You can get a probiotic to add to her food which will firm things up if you are sure she is in good health. If it persists I would have a vet visit to check all is ok.

Offline lescef

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:11:57 AM »
She might have picked up a mild bug. Slippery elm powder  is good for calming the stomach, but as said keep a watch on her and make sure she drinks.
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline feelreid

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 07:51:05 AM »
A couple of days on small portions of plain cooked chicken and rice always sort my 2 out. Then mixing it with their kibble on day 3 and 4 to gradually get back to normal 😊

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 10:36:18 AM »
Could she be teething? It's not uncommon for pups to get a bit loose when their teeth are bothering them.

Offline Shibbs

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 09:07:50 PM »
Could she be teething? It's not uncommon for pups to get a bit loose when their teeth are bothering them.
That would make sense. We haven't changed anything but monitered it and she is almost back to normal now. A tooth came out this morning too.
Thanks for all the advice.
'Belle'
Stu