Author Topic: Wanted !! Cocker for my exam!! Sittingbourne, Kent (and other areas!!)  (Read 2174 times)

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Hi Guys, not sure if this is in the correct place so feel free to move to grooming if not :-)

I have been grooming for just on two years now, and am just finishing my level 3 exams, but I need a good clipped pet show cocker to take my exam with!, and you would not believe how hard they are to find in my local area!!!

I am in Sittingbourne, Kent. and although I only groom at the weekends, I am quite busy with a lot of repeat customers. I do groom a fair amount of cocker, but they are either mainly WCS, or are clipped off :-(.  My FB page is dip, snip and clip dog grooming.

I have my own show cocker, a Goldie called Ella, and I was able to use her for one exam, but after being spayed her coat will not grow any feathers or skirt, so I cannot use her for this one.

I am in need of a well behaved show cocker with a good coat in a clipped pet trim but kept in the full coat. In return I can offer free baths and brush outs  and free grooming until my exam :-)

PLEASE if you are anywhere local to me, please do get in touch, there are other groomers trying to complete their exams also that are having the same problems trying to get hold of a good cocker spaniel, so even if you are not in my area, if you are willing to swap some free grooming to help us out, please also contact me :-).
Many thanks.  Trisha

Offline dawn

Good luck with your quest, hopefully someone will come forward in your area.

We live in Northumberland, and have a WCS mix, so aren't suitable.

( your post made me giggle, especially the 'well behaved' bit ....I'm sure there's some around that are....)

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Thanks Dawn :-)

I know they exist!!!, they are just well hidden lol!!!

I realise a lot of people groom their own pupsters, I certainly did and she was the reason I started on my grooming path, but FREE grooming, come on guys  ;) ;) ;)

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
Hi Trish, we don't have any cockers at club at the moment, so can't point anyone in your direction.
What about contacting some local training clubs to see if any of them have any cockers on their books?

Really sorry I can't help - now if you asked for a well behaved cavalier x poodle, you could have borrowed Dexter! LOL

Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Hi Penelope, I hadn't thought of training clubs TBH,  ;)

I have contacted a couple of local breeders, but no joy so far, local FB groups, my own customers, but most of them are clipped right off.

I have some time as I have two years to complete the exam, so it is just a case of finding one  :D I have most of the others, I need a long legged terrier too if anyone has one lurking somewhere ??  ph34r

Offline Emilyoliver

If you'd like one to hand strip at any point, I have one in full coat? Sorry, but he's never been clipped. Hope you find one  :blink:
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Thanks Michelle  ;)

Unfortunately, for the exam I have to be able to show the ability to blend in the pet trim to look like they have been stripped  :D

Would much prefer to actually strip the coat correctly  ;)

Offline Emilyoliver

Aw, what a shame   ;). Had visions of bring able to drop Ollie off for monthly free strip  :lol2:
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline dizzytrish

• Donator
Haha, no stripping for free  :005: :005:

Offline clairebsc

• Site Member
Hi i live in sittingbourne and have a cocker . But aleady have a groomer . How about visiting local parks or putting notices up on vet or pet shop notice boards

Offline clairebsc

• Site Member
I meant to say you had my friends daughters four yorkies in yesterday