Author Topic: lump  (Read 992 times)

Offline lilliegez

lump
« on: May 21, 2015, 10:22:47 PM »
hi my 2 year old dog has a lump over her ribs, it feels soft and moves.  I have a vet appointment tomorrow to get it checked.  can anyone tell me how do they know if its a fatty lump or more serious, do they take a sample and if so how is it done.  so worried, thanks all.

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
Re: lump
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 11:47:38 PM »
Sorry don't have any advice but just wanted to send  :bigarmhug: and hope all is fine at the vets tomorrow

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 07:47:29 AM »
Lipomas (harmless fatty lumps) are the most common type of lump and are usually quite a regular round shape and often seem to feel slightly movable and not firmly attached.

Taking her to the vet to have the lump checked is exactly the right thing to do. The vet might want to do a needle aspiration. William had one done yesterday while under anaesthetic for something else and the vet confirmed that his was a lipoma.

Hopefully your girl's lump will be harmless and won't need removing. Good luck today and let us know how you get on xx

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »
Brodie has a huge fatty lump on her chest. When I took her to the vet, she knew immediately what it was, but aspirated it on the spot. Brodie stood good as gold, so thankfully she didn't need to be sedated. That confirmed it was just a fatty lump and nothing to worry about.

I have everything crossed for tomorrow :bigarmhug:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline lilliegez

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 07:25:11 PM »
went to vet maisie was so brave.  the vet used a syringe to take a sample from lump and it was blood that came out.  the lump went straight down. not fatty lump, so vet thinks maybe maisie has knocked herself and it has caused the lump.  im still worried a bit, gotta see if it returns in week and if so samples will be sent. 

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 08:29:04 PM »
Definitely sounds like she has had a bump. Let's hope it is gone now. Brave girl Maisie  :luv: