Author Topic: William's had surgery -updated with results page 3  (Read 11788 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: William's had surgery
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2015, 12:31:56 PM »
William was much improved yesterday afternoon but then had a bit of a rough night. I think it's just the after effects of the anaesthetic, but neither he nor I had a good night. I ended up getting up 5 times between midnight and 6.00 am to see if he needed to go in the garden, but most of the time he was just being restless without needing anything specific :-\.

However, he's still eating and drinking OK and the vet was delighted with him at his post op. check this morning, saying how well his tongue and gum are healing. He also said that he's removed a few lumps from dog's tongues over the years and they've all been harmless, so given the appearance of William's he's pretty sure it was too. So I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the test results but not worrying as much as I was.

Right now William is looking very relaxed, alternating between sunbathing in the back garden and cooling off on the hall floor, so hopefully the anaesthetic after effects are wearing off.

Thanks for all your lovely comments :D

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2015, 01:18:35 PM »
I always think of William as a very noble (and of course handsome :luv:) dog. I'm sorry he's been so restless since his anaesthetic, perhaps he'll be a lot more settled tonight.

All digits crossed that everything turns out to be harmless, hope our virtual  :bigarmhug: helps.

He seems to have found the perfect way of spending a sunny Saturday, bless him.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »
Sorry, I missed this somehow, Elaine. I have everything crossed for the results of the lump, and hope William is still settled and has a better night tonight :luv: :bigarmhug:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 03:42:29 PM »
Hope William's getting back to his normal self after his op and anaesthetic and that there's good news once the results come back. It took Alfie a couple of days to get over his anaesthetic earlier this year and he whined & cried and was upstairs & downstairs the first night not knowing what to do with himself.

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 06:06:37 PM »
Hopefully the anaesthetic is mostly out of his system by now, and he is more settled. Lovely that he was able to sunbathe today, nice and relaxing, hope you both get a good rest tonight. X

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 11:20:22 PM »
Only just spotted this, poor William he has had a rough couple of days, I think they find the anaesthetic harder to get over when they are more 'mature' in years  ;)  when Ben had a couple of teeth removed at 11 he was a bit out of sorts for a couple of days, but then bounced back fine.

Keeping everything crossed the lump results all come back clear, it sounds positive from what the vet said. Sending the handsome William  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: and hoping you both get a better nights sleep tonight.

Offline Andrea Ellie

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 09:26:59 AM »
Sending hugs and positive thoughts to William :bigarmhug:

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 10:48:51 AM »
Hoping William :luv: is feeling even better today, and his only concern is the comfiest spot in the sun  :D
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Janet & Poppy

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »
We've had another bad night, this time with William having frequent bouts of diarrhoea. I think it must have been the Meloxidyl. He's had it before without problems, but never after an anaesthetic.

This morning he refused to eat at first, which really worried me. I think that was the first time ever (apart from some puppy fussiness). But luckily he brightened up about an hour later and had a little bit of scrambled egg and some pro-kolin. He hasn't had a diarrhoea attack for 7 hours now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's recovering.

Thank goodness for steam cleaners :005:. He made it to the garden every time but likes to come back in the house and scrape his bottom on the kitchen and hall floors :o

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 01:10:04 PM »
Poor William.  Fingers crossed he's on the mend now.  Hope you both have a better night tonight.

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 02:44:32 PM »
Hope William is feeling a bit brighter today
the girls Honey & Megan send their  :luv:

Offline maggieann

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »
Sending positive thoughts to William.  :luv: Hope you both have a better night.  :luv:
Torin & Me

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »
OOps missed this, hope William is feeling much better very soon  :luv:  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »
Poor William, hope the scrambled eggs etc work their magic and he dries up quickly. You both need a really good night's sleep so fingers crossed for you.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 07:46:50 PM »
Oh dear, you must both be exhausted, I hope his tummy settles. Fingers crossed for a better night tonight.