Author Topic: William's had surgery -updated with results page 3  (Read 11620 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
William's had surgery -updated with results page 3
« on: May 22, 2015, 11:13:03 AM »
My poor boy is feeling every minute of his 11 years today after a general anaesthetic yesterday to remove a lump from his tongue, plus removal of one tooth, a scale and polish of the rest (which the vet said are in very good condition) and a needle aspiration of a lipoma. Not to mention having his anal glands emptied ph34r

I found the lump on his tongue a couple of weeks ago, by chance really, because I let him lick some peanut butter off my finger and felt a small bump. I decided to monitor it for a week or so before going to the vet because then I could tell the vet if it had grown or changed during that time. It didn't and I could see that it was small, pale, perfectly round and right in the middle of his tongue. The vet said that lumps on the tongue are very unusual, so although this didn't look particularly dangerous it would be best to have it removed and analysed asap.

So I booked him in, then the day before when grooming him I found a small regular shaped lump just behind his penis. I only noticed it because he was laid on his back while I groomed his tummy. I had a quick grope of Louis' nether regions to see if he had anything similar there :005: and realised he didn't. So I mentioned it to the vet when I took William in yesterday. The vet is confident it's a lipoma but if it became big it could cause problems because of it's location, so for now I'm going to monitor it.

Since William came home he's been eating well and has been peeing and pooping, but he's very restless and whiney. He slept on the bed with me last night so I could monitor him and because the only time the whining stops is when he's snuggled up next to me. I don't think it's pain. He has Meloxidyl for that. I think it's just the after effects of the anaesthetic affecting him even more than it used to when he was younger, poor boy :'(

The test results for the lump on his tongue will take about a week, so please can I have your positive thoughts for those, and also for William (and for my sanity) while he's feeling so sorry for himself. He's due back at the vet for a post-op. check tomorrow.morning

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: William's had surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:00:44 PM »
Oh William sure Mum is looking after you.
Sending positive thoughts Elaine.....

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »
Poor William. He's really gone through it this week bless him. Sending our love and positive thoughts to you all. Kerry, Des and the Bons xxx  :luv: :luv:

Offline carol pearson

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 01:35:09 PM »
Positive thoughts for you and William,  he will soon be back to normal

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 01:56:22 PM »
Lots of positive thoughts being sent to William. Hope all goes well at the post op check.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  Diana xx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 02:59:24 PM »
Oh poor William has been through it.  :-\

Hope he is feeling better today and making the most of fuss and cuddles  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline Linda B

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 03:12:10 PM »
Hope William is feeling happier today.........sending positive thoughts to you both

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 03:50:13 PM »
Oh poor William  :016: sending over lots of positive and healing thoughts for your poorly chap  :luv: :luv: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 04:14:32 PM »
Bless him  :luv:  Here's to a speedy recovery (and lots more bed cuddles too  :shades: :005:)
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 04:35:30 PM »
 :luv: :luv: for William, hope hes feeling better lots of cuddles and love  :bigarmhug:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »
Poor William, that's a lot to deal with  :luv:  Lots of cyber cuddles and positive thoughts going your way. Heal well William.  :luv:

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 05:34:48 PM »
Aww William, you brave boy, hope you recover quickly and all is ok x

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 06:43:16 PM »
Poor William, sending cocker cuddles from Pops and Bella...hope all turns out well xx

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43:19 PM »
 :luv:

Poor William, he has been through the mill.  Really hope he is more himself tomorrow when the effects of the anaesthetic have worn off more.   Plenty of TLC from your mom this weekend William

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2015, 10:12:25 AM »
Hope William is feeling better this morning  :luv: