Author Topic: Holly 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears  (Read 3754 times)

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
Holly 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:00:24 PM »
http://www.manytearsrescue.org/display_mtar_dog.php?id=15549

26-02-16 Holly is a 6 year old female exbreeding Cocker. She has come to us with sore eyes and we are treating these and helping her become more comfortable. She is a nervous little girl who is clearly scared of the outside world and is in need of a calm home where there is another dog that can snuggle up with her to boost her confidence. She has never lived in a  home before so needs to learn all about housetraining, walking on a lead and how to cope with normal household sights and sounds.With some time and patience she will begin to relax and soon she will have a sparkle in those sad, sore eyes. Holly really deserves the chance of her happy ever after andwe are so glad she is here with us.
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline revis

Re: Holly 6 Year Old Girl @ Many Tears
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:17:57 PM »
Poor Holly . Hope that your sore eyes will get better soon and that you will soon be with some kind people you so deserve it.

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 08:30:50 AM »
still waiting  :luv:

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
31/03/16

Holly is one of the most innocent, sweetest, most gentlest souls I have ever met, and to think of all she's been through - physically and mentally - is just truly heartbreaking.
Holly has come such a long way since she first arrived at Many Tears. A month ago she looked broken, shut down, and so sad. You could tell she hadn't ever had much contact with humans, and consequently was too scared to come anywhere near us. If you approached her, she would would run away with her friends who she'd then hide behind.Nowadays though, Holly is one of the first in her kennel to come and say hello! She will look up at you with those eyes of hers, hoping she is still able to come over for some fuss and attention. She will walk towards you slowly, cautiously, her little thin tail wagging ever so slightly and shyly, and her head is dipped - as if she feels undeserving of love. She is just so happy to be shown some love and affection and is also quietly and calmly excited. She stands there, her head hung a little and her tail wags away.
Holly does not yet walk on a harness and lead. This is something completely foreign to her. Being in the big outside world and being around things she's never seen before, is also a bit of a shock to her. Holly has not yet seen much of the world. She does not panic though, but instead just sits down quietly. She looks a bit sad and you can't help but cuddle her. Holly is always just so gracious. She is a dream to bath and groom and she loves feeling clean and fresh and gives you lots of kisses afterwards. Holly does love going out into the play yards, especially the sand school, and enjoys having a sniff around with her friends. Holly shares her toys and food really well. She came to us extremely thin and is now on three meals a day. Holly has shared a kennel with both large and small dogs, female and male, and has got one so well with every dog she has met. She has just such a calm and gentle nature, that she is just so easy to get along with! She is currently best friends with a very scared cocker who looks to Holly for security, a male westie and a female retriever!
Holly will need to be homed with another more confident resident dog as this is all she's ever been used to. Her new best friend will provide her with security and help her with house training skills.
Holly brings so much joy to me on a daily basis. If you think she is the girl for you, and you feel you can help her along her way to finally feel completely safe and loved, then please fill in an application form. Holly is a truly beautiful, sweet, shy, calm, friendly girl, who so desperately deserves to find her forever family and forever home.

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 11:15:27 PM »
Oh Gosh...please someone have her soon  :luv: :luv:
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 01:26:55 PM »
I want her. A lot. A very lot. But impossible currently. I am hoping that someone either fosters or adopts her soon.

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 07:57:50 AM »
Reading about Holly has left a lump in my throat, she is a beautiful girl. I still get so angry at the way these wonderful creatures are treated.

Offline annclare

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 01:43:53 PM »
I would love to have her; I lost a Holly 2 years ago and am currently looking for another cocker to join my soon-to-be-9-yr-old black cocker and myself but unfortunately not able to get down to South Wales. I have been in the same position twice before with Many Tears and it's come to naught so vowed I won't do it again. Realistically, can only use rescue centres nearer to me; it doesn't stop me checking every day though and then feeling happy for her and sad for myself when she is reserved! Hopefully it will happen for Holly very soon.   

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 02:13:00 PM »
still looking  :luv:

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 08:24:26 PM »
I would love to have her; I lost a Holly 2 years ago and am currently looking for another cocker to join my soon-to-be-9-yr-old black cocker and myself but unfortunately not able to get down to South Wales. I have been in the same position twice before with Many Tears and it's come to naught so vowed I won't do it again. Realistically, can only use rescue centres nearer to me; it doesn't stop me checking every day though and then feeling happy for her and sad for myself when she is reserved! Hopefully it will happen for Holly very soon.

I am not sure where you are located but Holly has moved to foster in Fareham x

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 10:31:20 PM »
RESERVED.... :luv: :luv:
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly