Author Topic: Scooting  (Read 911 times)

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
Scooting
« on: August 10, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
Any one any ideas on this?

Ollie had his glands done about 3 weeks ago and his wormer but he's still scooting along the floor at the minute - he's doing it a bit more than when he actually needs his glands doing.

Could his glands need doing again so soon? Also the wormer seemed a bit 'soft' so I'm not sure if this was slightly off??

Any ideas?

L&O x

Offline mooching

Re: Scooting
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 05:14:45 PM »
My Cav used to get inflammation *after* he had his glands done - squeezing them set up an irritation. It might be an idea to get him checked out again just in case.

Has he had to have them done before? I found that changing my Cav's food stopped him needing to have his glands done (at one stage he was having them done every 6-8 weeks)

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:55 PM »
My Cav used to get inflammation *after* he had his glands done - squeezing them set up an irritation. It might be an idea to get him checked out again just in case.

Has he had to have them done before? I found that changing my Cav's food stopped him needing to have his glands done (at one stage he was having them done every 6-8 weeks)

Yes he has had them done previously. Not quite as often as 6-8 weeks! I would say any where between 4 - 6 months. Didn't think of inflammation will see how  he goes if its not improved by friday will get him checked at the vets.

We have been changing his food recently so whether that has had a affect  :huh:

L&O x

Offline mooching

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »
It could be - what were you changing him from and to?

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »
at the minute from CSJ champ to harringtons.

He's had Harringtons before and we switched to CSJ but i don't think the wheat agreed with him so we're going back to harringtons but the scooting did start before the switch so unless it was the CSJ?

Think thats why Ill give it till Friday before a trip to the vets

L&O x

Offline hoggar

• coco
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 10:55:29 PM »
we have just been through this problem with Indie, she has been on antibiotics for the last two weeks. The vet we saw was really good ...... he said give a cup of bran twice a week in there dinner and it will give them a good clearing out .... mmmm nice !!!!! so we have been and what a difference no more problems so far so good but it is like having a small donkey in the garden !!!!!     
Sam , Indie  and coco x x x x

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 09:49:53 AM »
Ollie has bran in his breakfast!! After being recommend it on here!!

Touch wood the scooting seems to have stopped so maybe he was just have a pit of inflammation after the squeeze  ph34r

L&O x