Cocker Specific Discussion > General Cocker Spaniel Discussion

Hi All sad time...

<< < (2/4) > >>

MIN:
Just want to add. Gemma was our 5th. She was the only living  thing to ever turn my husband into a 64year old crying wreck. Even I never knew he loved her so much

Mudmagnets:
Just want to say sorry for your loss  :luv:

ejp:
I'm so very sorry for your loss. Chester was obviously the center of your world, and that loss is indescribable. I understand completely what you mean, caring so much for him, you create a bond like no other. They become your life, and you theirs. We have bee without a cocker for the last two years, as we just can't face it again.  There is little anyone can say that will make you feel any better, sadly. I know it's a cliche, but it will get better, and one day, there will be a smile instead of tears, when you think of him.  You could not have done more, remember that.

Gentle soul:
Thanks vixen, mudmagnets and ejp for your kind words.
Nearly five weeks gone, we are all just devastated.
Someone said to me the other day....ooh its almost like losing a close relative....... no, actually, its the same or worse, its a loved family member, and the grief is overwhelming and physical and mental too. Not just a dog, far more than that and better than most human beings I have known.
We are carrying on through it, bad days and not so bad days.
I miss him so much, but hoping it gets better.
EJP yes, its indescribable, we all just carry on. Cant do this again, if we had another, I would want it to be him, so not fair, and in any case Its him we all just want back. I hate going to bed with the empty gap between us, hate driving my car, hate not getting him out the car, but no doubt will get easier.
Thanks all xx

MIN:

--- Quote from: Gentle soul on January 09, 2024, 02:59:46 AM ---Thanks vixen, mudmagnets and ejp for your kind words.
Nearly five weeks gone, we are all just devastated.
Someone said to me the other day....ooh its almost like losing a close relative....... no, actually, its the same or worse, its a loved family member, and the grief is overwhelming and physical and mental too. Not just a dog, far more than that and better than most human beings I have known.
We are carrying on through it, bad days and not so bad days.
I miss him so much, but hoping it gets better.
EJP yes, its indescribable, we all just carry on. Cant do this again, if we had another, I would want it to be him, so not fair, and in any case Its him we all just want back. I hate going to bed with the empty gap between us, hate driving my car, hate not getting him out the car, but no doubt will get easier.
Thanks all xx

--- End quote ---

we lost Gemma in July, yesterday i cried because someone was speaking about her. She was our 5th and dearly loved.
  MY first dog ( a staffie) was and still is deeply loved. I would have him back immediately if god came to me, but if the condition was that I had to forfeit the memories of all my others then I would have to decline the offer . :luv:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version