Author Topic: Lip Fold Dermatitis  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Jillsn

Re: Lip Fold Dermatitis
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 05:44:50 PM »
Poppy has got Lip Fold Dermatitis again.

The first time she got it, about two years ago, the vets took ages to get to the bottom of it and tried antibiotics for a few weeks which didn't work. Then I saw a different vet at the practice who took a swab (why hadn't the other ones done this?) and discovered she had two different bacteria at work, both of which were known not to respond to the antibiotics she had been taking. She got the right antibiotics and it cleared up very quickly. I was also using hibiscrub and isaderm but I got conflicting advice on the dilution of the hibiscrub from 'very pale pink' to 'use it neat' - which I didn't fancy doing.

If this is a common problem, why is it that there is so much conflicting advice from vets - especially different vets within the same practice?!

She's got it back now, and I am considering surgery. Can anyone tell me how long they take to heal afterwards?
Thanks

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 06:35:33 PM »
I have had a couple of my Cockers lips done in the past, it was great...I cant recall how long it took but not long, and because the poor dogs had had sore lips previously they didnt even notice the difference...definately worth doing, but dread to think what it costs. Debating myself if I should  have her done, or if I should go for sedation and clipping/ lip cleaning, I am struggling to cut the hair back as she is very sore...

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 06:52:08 PM »
My vet recommended nappy rash cream called Metanium for lip fold dermatitis