Author Topic: Go Pippa!  (Read 1470 times)

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
Go Pippa!
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:03:33 PM »
Just have to share how proud I was of Pippa this morning.  We have booked some just-for-fun group gun dog training sessions and she had her first one this morning.  I have been a bit lax with her training in the past.  She has done some puppy agility before and we tried obedience classes but didn't like them but I am pleased to say that today's session was brilliant and Pippa was a star.  She learned more than she had in agility over three months and certainly more than I have taught her at home in 18 months  :005:.

The first session was just some basic commands like sitting, waiting, lying down, standing (and repeated at distance) and walking to heel.  Then some retrieves of her toy still on the lead.  She enjoyed it all and was really focused, much better than I expected.  It was great doing the training outside (even if I don't think I will ever fully detangle my windswept hair).  We are both looking forward to next week. As a show cocker (and a gobby one) I don't think she will ever make a real gun dog but I think we'll have lots of fun trying.

Barney also did the class after which was beginners agility.  He has done agility before but our old classes were over an hour's drive away in the evening whereas the new ones are just down the road.  He also loved his class and did very well.  The trainer was very good.  I am so pleased to have found activities for both of them which we can all enjoy and don't have to travel miles to do.  :D

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: Go Pippa!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »
Well done Pippa and Barney, I have faith in you both. So glad that you and your mum enjoyed it  :luv: :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
Well done Pippa and Barney, I have faith in you both. So glad that you and your mum enjoyed it  :luv: :luv:

Sunday mornings at half ten if you and Ollie fancy having a go, Barbara.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 05:34:12 PM »
Just my do that. ;)
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:41:28 PM »
Awww you have every right to be proud of Pippa  :luv:  & Barney  :luv:
It sounds like you are all going to be having great fun, which is all that matter's really  :shades: :D

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:01:27 PM »
I am so envious - I would love to do some fun gundog training with Clover but there is nothing available, as far as I can see, in my immediate vicinity. Would probably have to drive an hour or so and I'm not a confident driver so it would become a chore rather than a pleasure. Look forward to hearing more about your lessons and how they both get on. Photos??!!!  :luv:
To know them is to love them.....