Author Topic: Running with your dogs  (Read 3891 times)

Offline theshrew

Running with your dogs
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:48:21 PM »
I tried it for the first time today. I loved it and so did the dogs :luv:

I didnt expect to get as far as i did didnt want to over do it for them.

Anyone else go ?

Offline Trischie

• Site Member
Re: Running with your dogs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »
Yes, I regularly take Oscar with me. I'm not fast - he's usually in front of me. I'll take him if I'm doing up to 8 or 10km. Any more than that I'll leave him at home. In the summer, when it's too hot, he gets left at home more often too. He loves it.

Offline Bostonbarnaby

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »
Florence runs 4-5 times a week.  From 5km to 10km - she loves it.  If my husband tries to go out running without her she cries a lot!  I think she feels walks with me are a bit boring now.  Why walk when you can run!

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:01:51 AM »
Teal loves our runs I wish I could say the same I cant catch the little angel :D
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:12:55 AM »
Yes we run with Ruby and Jem, up to 5k with me but further with OH. Mostly off lead and soft surfaces :)

They adore it and cry if they see OH go without them.
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline theshrew

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 12:01:15 PM »
I was only expecting to do 5k ish yesterday but the dogs were ok so i carried on ended up doing just under 10k.

All off lead no way i could run with both of them on the lead

Offline HoneyG

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 12:07:26 PM »
Honey runs with me (well, to be truthful....runs in front, in circles, ahead, behind etc!!!)

I do a max of 5k at the moment.

I have a couple of routes. One is on our Country Park area where she can be completely off lead and she loves it. I run the circuit * 2 and she runs along with me.

If that is really muddy, then I do a run around the perimeter of our estate.  For that she has to be on-lead. I run with her on her 5m extending lead.  And we now have it down to a fine art. If we approach a lamp-post she knows she has to come 'this-way' so we don't get tangled etc

I am sure Honey could run much further...but alas I am just building up my fitness levels!  She gets very excited when she sees me putting my running shoes on :)
Beki (and Honey!)

Offline ShelleyandRosie

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 01:47:06 AM »
Rosie runs regularly between 5 to 10k alongside my bike on a harness on a special bike attachment and she loves it. Note I'm a real girlie and don't cycle very fast.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »
Hope no one is running with their dogs in this hot weather  :shades:

I saw a woman out running with her spaniel yesterday morning - just hope it was a very short run  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
There's a lady who lives near me who seems to be running her working Cocker puppy miles every day >:(

I've seen her out in the New Forest and on the local roads maybe once or twice a week over the last few months and only once have I seen them just walking. All the other times the woman has been dressed in her running clothes and running quite fast with the puppy. Poor thing can't even be a year old yet.

Offline ShelleyandRosie

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 03:26:53 PM »
Hope no one is running with their dogs in this hot weather  :shades:

I saw a woman out running with her spaniel yesterday morning - just hope it was a very short run  :-\

Be reassured even walking is organized according to the weather e.g. early in the morning or late in the evening and sometimes accompanied with a cool swim, let alone the consideration taken to go running :003: