Author Topic: Re: Jinley is starting agility training!! Updated P2 after first night!!  (Read 8012 times)

Offline maddy74

Re: Jinley is starting agility training!!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 11:12:42 PM »
Agility is fab Pat. At least if Jinley is slow its easy on you.  :005: I can't keep up with Willow and by the time i get to the end of a course I feel like Im gunna draw my last breath, if you ever wanna swop dogs give me a shout  :005: :005: :005: :005:

Offline black taz

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
really need a "like" button on COL. :005:

Im with you Maddy, when Taz is on his game i struggle to keep up. 

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 03:54:33 PM »
Ha ha, I love all of your comments.  My OH is convinced he is going to video our efforts (NOT!) >:D >:D

I can imagine getting stuck trying to get her through the tunnel in a "I'll show you how to do it" moment (ahem)  :shades:

Looking forward to it though, I must admit.  Will update tomorrow night xx

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
Ah memories of being on my hands & knees trying to get a spaniel through the tunnel  :005:

Hope you both enjoy tomorrow
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 09:11:35 AM »
Good Luck tonight Pat, have fun, can't wait to hear all about it xxx
Sarah & Brodie.

www.whatthewoof.co.uk       "Now live"

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
Re: Jinley is starting agility training!! Updated after first night!!
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 11:38:47 PM »
Well it was worse than I thought it could be!!

I took tasty hot dogs and hadnt fed Jinley since breakfast.  I took her squeaky small space hopper which she cherished during her last phantom pregnancy.

For those that saw her at last years Game Fair at Weston Park looking at the gun dog training in disgust, she watched with the same air of "what is the point of that". :shades:

At one point we had my OH crouching at one end of the tunnel with a squeaky space hopper and Jinley going inside and just sitting in it! :005: :005: I dont think he will be sharing that snippet with his mates down at the pub!!

So, our task for the week is find out what motivates her to want to go over jumps with some element of enthusiasm (she went round a couple of jumps) and stopped to step over another one.  If only I could somehow get a chicken to run in front of her around the course she would be like lightning  >:D >:D and I dare say she would win some medals!!

Roll on next week!!

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
Re: Jinley is starting agility training!! Updated P2 after first night!!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 11:50:51 PM »
Jinley is far too dignified to jump over little bit of wood - now if there was a great big mucky pond the other side :005:

Sounds like a brilliant evening though :D

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 11:56:27 PM »
 :005:   :005: I feel your pain, Pat.  Jinley sounds very much like Barney.  He needs lots of geeing up to get him round the course.  The trainer says I have to be a one-woman cheerleader team - constantly praising him in an excited voice.  He's not that bothered aboiut treats but does like to be told how clever/handsome/wonderful he is as we go round and to get a big fuss at the end.  He will also manage a sprint for a thrown ball as we go over the last jump.

Saying all that for the first half of last week's class I couldn't get him interested at all.  Our turn came and he sat on the start line, waiting nicely.  I said "okay" and he turned round and ran in the other direction.  10 minutes later he was still free range as everyone else did the course round him  ph34r  Once I had captured him, we did some tricks and commands that he knows well to get him focused on me again and he was then okay.

It is worth sticking with though.  Despite all the above, we really enjoy it and I love having that hour just focused on Barney each week.  I take Pippa on a different night and enjoy that just as much, although she is a the complete opposite to Barney - fast and enthusiastic.

Good luck next week.

Offline Clover

• Site Member
  • Clover & Amy
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 08:22:20 AM »
Awww Jinley, sounding a bit familiar  >:( :lol2:  In fact, I think Willow was slightly more enthusiastic that Jinley by the sounds of it.  She didn't sit down, just did it at Willows pace  :lol2:

Not sure what to suggest, smellier treats, sardine bread ?  

Good luck, next time.  Sarah

Willow and Katie

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 08:47:41 AM »
I'm sure you'll get there.  It's so much easier if your dog likes toys, but I had that challenge as Max isn't bothered about anything unless it's food.
Hope you find something to motivate her, really smelly treats - garlic sausage/liver cake maybe in a sock or I've used a pencil case that can then be thrown

Did she have the poles on the ground or on very low?

would this help?  :005:
http://www.muddypaws.co.uk/dog-toys/soft-dog-toys/stuffing-free-dog-toy-chicken?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopFeed&gclid=CN-r4dX4zrcCFeXItAod1AIAqg

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 11:08:55 AM »
I'm sure you'll get there.  It's so much easier if your dog likes toys, but I had that challenge as Max isn't bothered about anything unless it's food.
Hope you find something to motivate her, really smelly treats - garlic sausage/liver cake maybe in a sock or I've used a pencil case that can then be thrown

http://www.muddypaws.co.uk/dog-toys/soft-dog-toys/stuffing-free-dog-toy-chicken?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopFeed&gclid=CN-r4dX4zrcCFeXItAod1AIAqg

One pole was on the ground and one about 3 inches off!! So not really Puissance size!  TBH when she is feeling really lazy she likes a leg up onto the bed!!

The chicken looks good, if I could put it on a fishing line - even better!!  Alternatively fix it to some string threaded through the course a la greyhound racing style :shades: :shades: :lol2:

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 11:32:30 AM »

One pole was on the ground and one about 3 inches off!! So not really Puissance size!  TBH when she is feeling really lazy she likes a leg up onto the bed!!

The chicken looks good, if I could put it on a fishing line - even better!!  Alternatively fix it to some string threaded through the course a la greyhound racing style :shades: :shades: :lol2:
:005: I've found a lazier cocker than Max  :lol2:

Offline Clover

• Site Member
  • Clover & Amy
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2013, 12:11:40 PM »
A leg up onto the bed, that's sounding very familiar  :005:  Willow and Jinley must be related.

Willow and Katie

Offline Sarah/G

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
Pat that cracked me up  :005: :005: :005: Bless our Jinley, she is a sweetheart, and makes me laugh so much.

I bet you had such a laugh xxx
Sarah & Brodie.

www.whatthewoof.co.uk       "Now live"

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2013, 12:21:18 PM »
Aww bless her, I'm dying for next weeks installment :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)