Author Topic: Another cocker winner at Crufts  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
Another cocker winner at Crufts
« on: March 09, 2007, 08:24:45 PM »
Agility has also produced a cocker winner with Zoe Councell & Millie the Whizz winning the Eukanuba small challenge.  She is a fantastic little blue roan who soared from starters to advanced within 2 seasons and now a crufts agility winner!!!

(I have told her about COL and maybe one day she will  join!!) It is fantastic to see the cockers up there at the top of the sport (from those hanging around the bottom!!!! - well maybe one day we will get there!!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline leisl

• Donator
  • Hi-Life PAT Dog of the Year!
    • Muppet - PAT Dog of the Year Winner 2010/2011
Re: Another cocker winner at Crufts
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:54:24 PM »
Is this going to be on the telly?
Leisl, Muppet & Krumble
Orange ones are more juicy!!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 10:31:35 PM »
I saw a blue roan cocker in the YKC obedience in one of the rings on Friday and it was lovely to watch as he was so good --- he was the only cocker among collies
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Penel

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 10:47:07 PM »
Brilliant to hear this - cockers are so much more than show dogs !

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 09:19:19 PM »
I think I saw the cocker in agility on one of the TV screens?  She was fab! It made me smile so much to see her having so much fun.

I think there was also an orange roan cocker in the YKC on Thursday...maybe in starters?

Offline Mollycuddles

• Donator
  • cockers have a lotta fun
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 04:39:55 PM »
I think I saw the cocker in agility on one of the TV screens?  She was fab! It made me smile so much to see her having so much fun.

I think there was also an orange roan cocker in the YKC on Thursday...maybe in starters?

Yes, and wasn't the blue roan that PennyB noticed your girl the beautiful Storm  :luv: and you both came 4th out of quite a large class with very stiff competition. ;)

Well done to you and Storm :D
Lyn, Molly, Georgie, Dagen, Tessa & Alfie X

Offline PennyB

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »

Yes, and wasn't the blue roan that PennyB noticed your girl the beautiful Storm  :luv: and you both came 4th out of quite a large class with very stiff competition. ;)

Well done to you and Storm :D

and apologies for thinking Storm was a boy :005:
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:22:12 PM »
*blushes* Thank you Lyn...yes I think it must have been Storm that PennyB saw.  She tried so hard for me...am very proud of her  :luv: .

and apologies for thinking Storm was a boy :005:

no problem...her name doesnt give much of a clue as to whether she is boy or girl  ;)  Thank you for your kind comments about her  :D

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 07:29:34 PM »
Agility has also produced a cocker winner with Zoe Councell & Millie the Whizz winning the Eukanuba small challenge.  She is a fantastic little blue roan who soared from starters to advanced within 2 seasons and now a crufts agility winner!!!

Zoe goes to the same place as me for agility, her dogs are great.  This is only the 2nd time she's competed at Crufts - she only started training about 2 years ago!   :D
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline pam100red

• Site Member
  • Tess
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »
hi
We went to watch'Crufts' for the first time last Thursday. We had a great day if very tiring! :P
Didn't  have tickets for the obedience. Very odd as tickets were supposed to be sold out but 3/4's of the small arena was empty?? :huh:
Watched from the corner and was very impressed.

Congrats to Sportsmonki, a great achievement ;)

Arrived home with vigour and determination to work really hard on our obedience. Until we arrived at our training class and Tess yawned and stopped for a scratch on more than one occassion :embarassed:
Oh well time to up the quality of my rewards ::)
Bye for now
Pam

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 09:40:01 AM »

Didn't  have tickets for the obedience. Very odd as tickets were supposed to be sold out but 3/4's of the small arena was empty?? :huh:

Yes...there were a lot of complaints about this, and also about other aspects of how the obedience was 'organised'.  A lot of people in obedience didnt realise there would be no 'free seating' (as there had previously been) until all tickets were sold out.  Then there was the mad rush to try find tickets from someone who could no longer attend.  Seems the tickets didnt get to the people who really wanted them...hopefully the KC will do something about it for next year?  We can always live in hope...lol.

p.s. thank you ;)