Author Topic: Agility and weight loss!!!!  (Read 826 times)

Offline JohnW

Agility and weight loss!!!!
« on: February 23, 2009, 09:42:35 PM »
well well i have been doing the agilty training with my dogs for nearly 3 months now and I have noticed a weight loss of about a stone on my scales, i must admit at first I was out of breath running the course and also doing some home training on the meadow behind my house but I never noticed the affect it had on me untill I weighed myself today. before agility and being alot more active with the dogs I would take a casual SLOW walk with them on the fells so never really worked up a sweat.

Hopefully in a few months I will be fit as an athlete lol :D. Give this activity a go its a great way to understand and bond with your dogs. And it even better for the middle aged spread ;)

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
Re: Agility and weight loss!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:19:49 PM »
Ah but of course if you start competing there is the obligatory bacon butty at some god forsaken hour of the morning after walking that impossible course! (or egg obviously for vegetarians!)

Followed by the oh so healthy burger from the burger van and then if camping the copiuous amounts of alcohol and snacks at the various awning parties around the site.

No but seriously - that is great to hear - so added bonus - having a fantastic time, building a great partnership and team with your dog and losing weight!!  Congratulations!! 

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!