Author Topic: First day doing agility and Im hooked!!  (Read 1089 times)

Offline stuffster

• Luna
First day doing agility and Im hooked!!
« on: May 13, 2009, 10:14:18 AM »
Well last night Purdey and I went to our first ever agility class, along with Alex (Chickrock) & Marlee, and it was GREAT!!

Purdey and Marlee are pretty similar dogs - we both had problems trying to keep their noses off the ground, but once they were off they did great over the jumps and beginning the weaves etc.

I've been dying to do agility since we first got Purdey and have been counting down the days til her birthday, so I was glad it was as good as I hoped. 2 sprockers that Alex knew were also there, so at least there were other loopy spangles being as excitable as our two!

The class was split into a beginners group and an experienced group and it was so amazing watching the experienced people handling their dogs - I cant imagine ever being able to do that with Purdey, but you never know! My DD (aged 7) came too, and she loved it - once Purdey gets the hang of it a bit more, I will let her have a go handling her.

Cant wait for next week!  :D

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: First day doing agility and Im hooked!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 10:36:22 AM »

It is definately addictive!!

We've only had 3 lessons, but Honey loves it, and we're already getting little sequences going...   :D
We should be joining a group session soon, which will also be good!
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 10:46:15 AM »
Oh it's very addictive & there's plenty of people out there (me included) that say, I only want to do it for a bit of fun, we have no intentions of ever competing  :005:   ;)

I love to watch the young children run, putting us oldies to shame alot of the time too.
There's a 6 year old that comes with her mum & dog & will often run Max round too (her lab needs a bit more encouraging) but her little legs can't keep up with him, but they both thoroughly enjoy it  :D
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 11:00:38 AM »
I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I love it and so do my dogs. Morgana is getting really good and if we can just get the hang of the weaves we will start competing soon. Avalon her daughter has only just started and is only doing little bits at mo. I am taking her in for a short session just before Morganas class and she is really getting the hang of the contacts very quickly. Hopefully a chip of her mums block. She really loves it, so much so that I didn't think she was as in to it as her mum at the mo and decided as had a busy day to only take Morgana along and leave Avs at home this time, but my mum says she cried and whimpered the whole time we were gone, bless her. She obviously is more addicted than I thought as she doesn't care when Tally goes out on his own to Ringcraft. Keep it up and maybe we'll see you at a show some time.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline JohnW

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
You all sound like you had fun, I have been doing agilty now with Bailey since the beginnning of the year, He is so focussed when he does his agility and has just about cracked all of the course (apart from the Seesaw) which he is still nervy about but we are getting there, The training school we use has many classes now and many dogs are able to compete so they are hoping to have a competition day with the school over the summer and My trainer says Bailey should be ready, I can't wait to compete with him. He loves going and we have made some new freinds while there. I am sure you will all love it more as you progress. ;) we certainly do. :D

Offline chickrockguitar

• Site Member
  • My Little Marlee Boy!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:39:10 PM »
Yep! It was great! Very nice to see Perdey and Steff again. Marlee did very well (A lot better then when I tried in September! lol!). The two Sprockers Steff mentioned are called Monty and Harvey and are brothers. They are in Marlee's doggy class. Haha they go crazy when they meet Marlee every Tuesday morning! It's so funny! I mentioned the Agility class to thier owners that morning, saying they were welcome to come along and have a go, and it was cool that they turned up! :D

Haha, the Spaniels will take over! :lol2: :005:

Offline Bryning

• Site Member
    • Bryning Border Collies and Working Cockers
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »
has just about cracked all of the course (apart from the Seesaw) which he is still nervy about but we are getting there

I've got the opposite problem with Teal, she seems to think the seesaw is a 'cocker launcher'  :005:
Cheers
Nat, Teal and Drake x
www.bryningbordercollies.com

"The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue"

Offline JohnW

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »
has just about cracked all of the course (apart from the Seesaw) which he is still nervy about but we are getting there

I've got the opposite problem with Teal, she seems to think the seesaw is a 'cocker launcher'  :005:

Great News I think my boy has cracked it!!  :D :D :D

He managed the Seesaw without his lead today and once he realised he wasnt going to get hurt from it he started to show off  :shades: I am so proud of my Boy.  :luv: :luv: