Author Topic: Little Brag!  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
Little Brag!
« on: April 22, 2010, 01:11:19 PM »
I took the girls to the first agility show of the summer season on Saturday.

I was paranoid that they do really badly because we've not done full height equipment as the club I train at has had to run indoors, which also meant no see-saw! 

But they both ran fantastically!  Isla my deaf girl knocked 2 poles in her first run but was so so fast (got the fasted time) I couldn't believe it, got all her contacts so I was so pleased with her run! 

Paisley in the same course came 1st place!!!!  Not many dogs had gone clear so I knew we had at least 5th place!  But when I saw her name at the top I was over the moon!  Never got higher than 8th before!  Got a lovely Red rosette and a gold medal!

Then in the next course Paisley found something to sniff so that affected our time, but still go a clear round!  Isla did really well again, not quite as fast but didn't knock any poles this time and came 5th!  A lovely orange rosette for her!

Then on Tuesday night we went to the Kennel club to be officially measured for KC shows and I'm so pleased they've both measured small! (Isla by the skin of her teeth!)  First KC show on 29th May and I can't wait!

I love agility!
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline jujuli

Re: Little Brag!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 03:54:46 PM »
Wow!  Well done. :clapping:  You must be so chuffed.  I love agility but havent got to the competition stage yet and am in awe of people that do it and do well!

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:01:22 PM »
We only started last summer!  As soon as you get your first rosette you get hooked!   :005:
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:40:10 PM »
well done , many more where that came from :clapping: :clapping:

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 06:48:25 PM »
Congratulations !!  :D  I always admire all the training that goes into agility

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:53:36 PM »
Huge well done to you and the girls :clapping: :banana: :clapping: :banana:

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 08:06:19 PM »
Well you took your time to post this Becky. Thought I was going to have to "out" you & the girls!  ;)
Where are you at the end of May then?
Congratulations to you all
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 10:51:03 PM »
I was letting her off Pip as I thought we might be getting pics of the girls with their prizes.  Hint, Hint!

Wish I was there to share your excitement.  But as you know I wish you & your little girls huge congratulations  :banana: :banana:
It's even better when you win at KC shows Becky as they have presentations  :D
I think there may be some sibling rivalry  :lol2:
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »
Fantastic news - well done you and both your girls

Looking forward to seeing you at a KC show sometime!  We are going to have to have a cocker meet on of these days!!!

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 12:44:43 PM »
Congratulations!! You must be over the moon!!  :banana: :dance04: :banana:

Offline black taz

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 12:50:22 PM »
well done to all three of you :luv:

I would love to compete with Taz but so far although he loves agility i still need the food bribe (or a ball).  my other problem is that he is far to fast for me, has to wait, gets bored and goes and does his own thing :005:

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »
well done to all three of you :luv:

I would love to compete with Taz but so far although he loves agility i still need the food bribe (or a ball).  my other problem is that he is far to fast for me, has to wait, gets bored and goes and does his own thing :005:

I'm sure in most beginners agility comps you are allowed to take in a toy!  So you should have a go with Taz!  Honestly it's so addictive!

My KC show in May is in Bakewell, then booked into another for June at Peterborough.....I can't wait!  Hopefully will see you one day Rosie!

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 03:01:31 PM »
Congratulations!!!  :D If you want to take a toy in it should be ok to just run ' not for compotition '.  Just let them know before you run. Also you can do steeple chase which is just jumps and tunnels or/and you could try something like nursery, which is Agility without the weaves, seasaw and I think tyre. It's a good way to start. Sometimes they even have a pay on the day, which isn't a comp, but means you get to practice in show conditions. You just pay a set amount for a set amount of time in the ring. Then you can do what you want.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
KC shows wont allow you to take a toy in - techinically you are not allowed to run NFC. UKA and other unaffiliaited shows I think let you.

We are at KC shows over most of the rest of the summer - Shrewsbury, Seversnide, Beacon, Worcester, ??, Nottingham, WYe Valley, Thames, Axstane, Lansdowne, Tuffley, Diamon, Rugby, Caerphpilly, Agility Club, KC Festical and Dashin Dogs are our confirmed ones.

Going to be busy - have spent a relaxing weekend training and judging at a local show today!

Good luck for all future comps

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
Oh sorry. I didn't realise KC shows didn't allow NFC. I suppose we do do mainly UKA shows these days. It's a shame they don't though as I think it's a lovely idea for beginners.
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx