Author Topic: Agility Champion Cockers ????  (Read 2775 times)

Offline JohnW

Agility Champion Cockers ????
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:54:20 PM »
Just a quick question, as if anyone is going to know its probably via here, we were competing today and both our 2 won their classes so a great day for us...however we were watching the champ classes and their was 3 working cockers and 1 show cocker running. I recognised one of the guys running his dogs from another forum I go on now and again and got chatting to him, one of his dogs had 2 CCs and he was waiting to see of he won his 3rd to gain his Ag champ status, I asked if he was aware of any cockers that were Ag champs as the kc website doesnt have any listed and he wasnt sure either, anyway I said I would mention it on here as someone is bound to be aware if any exist. I had to leave early so I didnt get the chance to find out if he got it so I will email him later in week. But it would be nice to think I witnessed the first cocker gaining his Ag champ status though....Anyone shed any light on this please???  :shades: However it was a pleasure to watch these dogs compete and give massive inspiration to the crowd of spectators, a truly wonderful sight.

Offline jla

Re: Agility Champion Cockers ????
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 08:47:46 AM »
Not 100% sure but I don't think that there are any (yet!) so he could be the first.   ;)

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:37:19 AM »
As yet I am not aware of any - not sure about the one you were talking about - assume he is Northern / Scottish dog as those are the ones I do not see much?

I know Zoe and Millie have either one or 2 CCs - as yet Martin, Sarah and I have yet to get any.  The only other I am not sure of is Chreyl Harkness with Beanie who mostly competes in Northern Ireland - I know she had 2 CCs but am not sure whether she has had her third.

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:47:51 PM »
I didn't even know you could get CCs and Ag Champ status for doing agility!  So does that then go on the dogs pedigree like field Trial Champs and show dogs statuses do?
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline JohnW

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »
Cheers Jayne and Rosie, Yes rosie you assume correct  ;) I think he may be the first if he achieves it. There was an an Irish lady there too with 2 grade 7 working cockers, one liver one black both very nice too. I held her liver dog while she ran, a very nice lady but didnt catch her name, slim with a very strong Irish accent.

I didn't even know you could get CCs and Ag Champ status for doing agility!  So does that then go on the dogs pedigree like field Trial Champs and show dogs statuses do?

Ag CHampion is a title given by the Kc. and dogs can also gain their 'Agility Warrant' which is split into 3 grades, it works on a point system and can be achieved by your dogs gaining clear rounds, but this will be achieved much quicker if you win or your dog is placed, but again with no faults. I am sure Rosie or Jayne can explain it better as they have been competing alot longer than I have.  ;)

But Bailey my liver boy is cruising nicely towards this  :D .

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »
I would bet money that the lady you held the liver cocker for is Cheryl - she has quite a strong accent I did not realise her liver (Toastie) was in 7 - she also runs a valhund in small.

The guy could have been Kevin (can nnot remember his name) with Rhyl Ruadih (probably not spelt correctly either) - only met him once at KC fest a couple of years ago.

Was not sure about the pedigree but dogs with AG Ch use it as their title tc - also enters you into the stud book - Dylan came third at Axsane Champs this year so has his stud book number! - same as showing but more strange as Dylan is castrated!!!

The agility warrant (AW) is another title John alluded to - this is based on points collected from clear rounds and top ten places gained in agility or jumping classes (doulbe the points for agiltiy).  Brone is achievement of 100 points silver I think 200 and AWg (gold) is when a dog achieves 400 points.  To get this you need to keep a record of all places in jumping and agility classes at all KC open shows and clear rounds in your record book (the book where you KC measure is recorded) - once you have enough points you can send to the KC.  I know some of the points must be in agility but think that the details are in the record book.

I had always hoped to be the first cocker with Ag Ch status - think I will have to aim to be the first in small (on three certificates to go!!)

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline jla

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 03:00:50 PM »
The warrant stuff changed recently I think and is now
200 - Bronze - 50 from agility
400 - Silver - 100 from agility
800 - Gold - 200 from agility
Although I could be wrong!!

Rosie - I am sure you will get the small accolade, although Reah could catch you up at some point  :lol2:  :lol2: (just joking - we have a long way to go and aren't even out till sometime next year!)

Offline JohnW

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »
I would bet money that the lady you held the liver cocker for is Cheryl - she has quite a strong accent I did not realise her liver (Toastie) was in 7 - she also runs a valhund in small.

The guy could have been Kevin (can nnot remember his name) with Rhyl Ruadih (probably not spelt correctly either) - only met him once at KC fest a couple of years ago.

Was not sure about the pedigree but dogs with AG Ch use it as their title tc - also enters you into the stud book - Dylan came third at Axsane Champs this year so has his stud book number! - same as showing but more strange as Dylan is castrated!!!

The agility warrant (AW) is another title John alluded to - this is based on points collected from clear rounds and top ten places gained in agility or jumping classes (doulbe the points for agiltiy).  Brone is achievement of 100 points silver I think 200 and AWg (gold) is when a dog achieves 400 points.  To get this you need to keep a record of all places in jumping and agility classes at all KC open shows and clear rounds in your record book (the book where you KC measure is recorded) - once you have enough points you can send to the KC.  I know some of the points must be in agility but think that the details are in the record book.

I had always hoped to be the first cocker with Ag Ch status - think I will have to aim to be the first in small (on three certificates to go!!)

yeh rosie, it was deffo her as she was competing wth a Valhund, strange how agility people seem to all know each other  :005: and he is called Kevin his wife was scribing in one of the rings I beleive too, both a really freindly couple.

The warrant stuff changed recently I think and is now
200 - Bronze - 50 from agility
400 - Silver - 100 from agility
800 - Gold - 200 from agility
Although I could be wrong!!

Rosie - I am sure you will get the small accolade, although Reah could catch you up at some point  :lol2:  :lol2: (just joking - we have a long way to go and aren't even out till sometime next year!)

yeh those tables are correct Jayne as they are they same as whats on the Kc points Tables needed to gain the warrants. ;)

Cheers guys I kinda guessed a Col member would know. :shades:

Offline jla

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
Agility is very 'incestuous' so to speak - we all know each other!

Offline JohnW

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 08:15:46 PM »
he didnt quite make it, Never mind I am sure it won't take kevin long.

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 08:38:46 PM »
You can always e-mail the KC to check?  I e-mailed a couple of years ago to see which cocker was the first to achieve an obedience excellent qualification and they were very helpful and checked their records for me (they confirmed it was my Storm)

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »
Agility is very 'incestuous' so to speak - we all know each other!

LMAO  :005:
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x