Author Topic: Agility Classes Renfrewshire, Scotland  (Read 2086 times)

Offline eelliott

Agility Classes Renfrewshire, Scotland
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
Hello,

Does anyone know of a good agility class in Renfrewshire, Scotland?  I am looking to take my nine month old blue roan cocker Jasper to an agility class because I think he would really enjoy it!  He just loves to run about and have fun!

Many thanks for your help.
Evelyn

Offline PennyB

Re: Agility Classes Renfrewshire, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »
He may be too young to actually do any really as they have to be 18 months old to cope with the pressure of jumping and other elements of the course on their growing bones
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline SkyeandOllie

• Ollie and Jess
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 01:45:49 PM »
He may be too young to actually do any really as they have to be 18 months old to cope with the pressure of jumping and other elements of the course on their growing bones

most clubs will let you start light training, eg getting you and him used to being around the equiptment (some dogs are quite overwhelmed with it all at first!) getting him working on his contacts, (probably no jumping or getting him to walk over a pole on the ground, again getting him used to jumps) at around 10 - 12 months. dogs arent able to compete until they are 18 months old, a good trainer will tell you if they feel your dog is too young

have a look on this site, clubs A-Z

http://www.agilitynet.com/

Offline eelliott

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for your emails, I am a novice cocker spaniel owner, I didn't realise that Jasper was too young.  Thank you for letting me know.  I think that I will wait until he is older to do this. 

Thank you for your advice.  This is a great forum!

Evelyn

Offline SkyeandOllie

• Ollie and Jess
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 01:55:26 PM »
I think that I will wait until he is older to do this. 

even if you register your interest in a club, (they usually have waiting lists) they can tell you when they'd have a suitable club for you to join,  all the best!

Claire