Author Topic: Ollie...golden Cocker  (Read 1239 times)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Ollie...golden Cocker
« on: May 08, 2005, 10:01:23 PM »
With a heavy heart we are rehoming our golden cocker Ollie. He will be rehomed through Teckels rescue, and all appropriate support and back-up will be provided by them (and me!).

Ollie is 12 months old. He probably has some working lines in his breeding ( we don't have his pedigree). He has lived here since he was 16 weeks old.
There is a huge personality clash between Ollie and our other cocker spaniel, which probably results from the fact that Ollie has no manners whatsoever with other dogs. He is over-zealous and bossy, and when paired with another highly-strung dog he can become aggressive. He is not an aggressive dog in general however and can live with a bitch (we have two bitches and he is now living very harmoniously with them). He is not suitable to live with cats as he chases them relentlessly.
Ollie is excellent with children of all ages, but would be best suited to homes with children ages 4+ as he is bouncy and needs a lot of attention.
He needs to go to a home where someone is in most of the time, and where people have the time and patience to train him and give him lots of exercise. He can be very hyperactive, but providing his exercise needs are met and he has games played with him, he will happily curl up and go to sleep.
Ollie is extremely loving and devoted. He will flourish in a home where he has no anxieties and no reason to get into fights. He has an exceptional temperament with people and loves children.

Ollie ideally needs a home in the West Midlands, and we would like to vet and keep in touch with his new owners.

*Just to add: some very nice people registered interest in Ollie but both partner's worked during the day. We attempted to build up leaving Ollie over a period of a couple of weeks, to see if he would cope with being left for longer periods. Unfortunately, he didn't seem happy at all and became destructive, so we really need Ollie to go to a home where someone is there most of the time. He can be left for a few hours without any problem, but longer than that and he WILL become anxious.

Offline tiggerbabe

• Site Member
    • BusyPaws Dogwalking & Pet Care
Ollie...golden Cocker
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 10:22:23 PM »
Awwww, bless Ollie!

Big hugs and hopefully a new home for you soon.

Aileen & Beau xx

Chasing your tail gets you nowhere ... 'cept back to where you started

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
Ollie...golden Cocker
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 11:18:07 PM »
Hi Kelly,
What a difficult decision for you. I know from your previous posts that it's not been easy for you or Ollie.
I hope there will be a happy ending for all of you.
Cheers,
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!