Poll

For all entrants in the Remembrance Class: Would you prefer the Class to be a Not For Competition Class and not judged as per the other classes?

Yes
17 (85%)
No
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: August 03, 2013, 04:43:44 PM

Author Topic: Photo Comp Chat  (Read 42569 times)

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
Re: Photo Comp Chat
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 10:04:54 PM »

It's a lovely competition section and we are so proud of our lost babies.  As Poppsie said, they are all winners.

I so echo this. There is such strong feeling of a shared experience here on CoL which seems to show itself when it's most needed, in times of trouble or loss.

They are all such dear dogs and so loved by their owners and families  :luv:  :luv:

I only found out about Theis yesterday when I was looking through all the photos - I think we were moving home during the period he was so poorly, and totally missed the thread.  I'm so sorry, it must have been devastating for you Cassie.  I hope that little Liesl has mended your heart just a little.

Thanks, Pip  :luv:

And yes, we're in a much happier place now. It's a bittersweet contradiction but without having had the experience of his loss we'd never have known the joy of Liesl and I am so very happy that we do and that she's with us now - from bad things good things can come. 

I've loved looking at all the piccies in this years competition. I don't envy the judges job a bit as there are some real corkers in there. I particularly love the living room full of cockers and all of their Christmas Stockings Hanging above the fireplace (my idea of lottery win heaven) just fabulous  :luv: and also little Teal facing the biggest wabbit ever, too cute for words  :luv:

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 10:06:59 PM »
Moved and reposted on behalf of 'Butterflywings21'

Byron

What a GREAT name, my 7 year old son is called Byron, he'll be pleased to know a  :luv: dog has the same name.
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 03:51:37 PM »
Well that's me all done   :luv: whew that was really hard  :luv: but I enjoyed every minute of looking at all of your gorguss dogs  :luv: I wonder if the other judges are finding it as hard to choose ?? good luck to each and every one of you x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 04:06:35 PM »
Well that's me all done   :luv: whew that was really hard  :luv: but I enjoyed every minute of looking at all of your gorguss dogs  :luv: I wonder if the other judges are finding it as hard to choose ?? good luck to each and every one of you x x x

Me to started at 9 am and finished at 2.30 pm one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but great fun I am glad I didn't have to do the cute pups section though as I would never have made a decision.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 04:39:05 PM »

Me to started at 9 am and finished at 2.30 pm one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but great fun I am glad I didn't have to do the cute pups section though as I would never have made a decision.

Trust me it was the hardest section I had headache before I had finished  :005: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 08:31:31 PM »
Phew just finished.  Took me an hour (Ms Speedyjudge here but I know what I like) but haven't typed them up into PM yet as wanting OH to look at them all and see if we agree on anything  :005: it'll be a first if we do.  THey were all hard to do though.

Offline GailyK81

• Donator
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
I Love all the photos and I think it is beautiful that we all get involved.

xxxxxxx glad I not a judge  :005: :005:

Gail, I'm not a Judge at all, but even though I have 2 of my babies in the bereavement section, I would have , Shadow, Theis and Rosie as joint first. Life was so cruel to all three.  :'( :'(

Ah I Know John they went through so much poor little ones, I only realised about theis when I saw his cute little picture so sad for them all  :luv:

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »
Final reminder to those members who have not yet paid for their entries in the comp - if you don't pay by midday today, I'm afraid your entries will be deleted. Sorry about this but it's really not fair on all the other members who have paid promptly and are patiently waiting for the comp results ;)
Jane

Offline Smokey 1

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2013, 11:40:28 AM »
I am struggling with the Remembrance section, it is very hard trying to judge one snapshot of someone's dog whom is now passed away. As I am sure that each and everyone of them meant so much to their owners.

Smokey
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
I am struggling with the Remembrance section, it is very hard trying to judge one snapshot of someone's dog whom is now passed away. As I am sure that each and everyone of them meant so much to their owners.

Smokey

They are all winners Smokey.  I think it's a hard job for you as judges, and everyone understands that.

I think we all agree that the money raised is going to help other dogs, and that's the important part.  The competition has given us all a chance to show off our beloved best friends. X
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2013, 12:21:43 PM »

Smokey

I too struggled with this section  :'( it broke my heart that I couldn't make every single one a winner  :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2013, 12:25:52 PM »

Smokey

I would find it very hard too.  They are all equal winners to all of us.  I know it may sound silly, but I don"t feel I'm entering a competition but just being given a lovely chance to keep their memory alive.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Cassie01

• Theis 08.04.2012-11.12.2012
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2013, 12:35:41 PM »
Would it be a possibility just to not declare 'winners' for this category? As a possible alternative, if there is to be a calendar for next year, have a separate remembrance page where little snapshots of all the doglets could be included?

Offline GeoW

• Donator
  • Maurice, Jan, and William (Prince of Orange)
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 12:37:49 PM »
That was my sentiment exactly Mel, I had mixed feelings about the 'competition' element but for a charity quid it was an opportunity to bring George's memory to the fore.

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
That was my sentiment exactly Mel, I had mixed feelings about the 'competition' element but for a charity quid it was an opportunity to bring George's memory to the fore.

Exactly Maurice. xx

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv: