Author Topic: Wanted to share our Fussy Eater story  (Read 1333 times)

Offline 8ftMouse

Wanted to share our Fussy Eater story
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »
We wanted to share our experience with our year old cocker spaniel. She was so fussy with her food that it began to be a concern. With lots of exercise daily, being a working dog, Molly needed to be eating enough healthy food. We had tried all kinds of dried food recommended by our vet. We happened to speak to a friend on Facebook who recommended a supplier in Lincolnshire called the canine cook. Obvious cautious we spoke to the owner a guy called Peter Speed who has an over whelming but comforting knowledge in Nutrition for dogs. We were urged to try the http://www.thecaninecook.co.uk/working-or-sporting-dog-food 12 kg bag which lasts on average a month. We have not looked back and have struck up a great relationship with the whole team at the canine cook. I would not normally go to this length to let others know about our path and hope it may help even one dog owner.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Wanted to share our Fussy Eater story
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 08:10:11 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL :D

Perhaps you'd like to introduce yourself on the Introductions Board and tell us more about Molly.

I've noticed that 3 of your 4 posts so far have included a link to a particular dog food website and details about costs and products. I don't know if you have any connections with the business but please note that advertising isn't allowed on this forum without prior permission from the admin/mods team.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 08:23:13 PM »
I must say that I wouldn't look at this food on the grounds that it is back door advertising which I don't like. If I am wrong then welcome.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »
I must say that I wouldn't look at this food on the grounds that it is back door advertising which I don't like. If I am wrong then welcome.

I thought the same :shades:. I wouldn't feed Brodie a food with beet pulp or maize in it anyway, especially with her skin and ear problems x

x In memory of Barney x

Offline 8ftMouse

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »
Hi All - I am sorry if it came across as I was advertising - I do not have any intentions about back door advertising and having re read my posts I can see that. All I was trying to do was show that there are other products on the market. I will not advertise the food again we are just happy Molly is now fit and healthy and wanted to pass this on to other cocker owners.

She is now 14 months old and learning very fast we previously owned 2 Labs but they passed away 2 years ago. My wife and I felt lost without a dog and we work Molly on a local farm (the farm owner is a good friend) but she has the nicest temperament and being welcomed home again was sorely missed.

Once again sorry if we upset anyone - we only wanted to help. 

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 03:29:40 PM »
Hi All - I am sorry if it came across as I was advertising - I do not have any intentions about back door advertising and having re read my posts I can see that. All I was trying to do was show that there are other products on the market. I will not advertise the food again we are just happy Molly is now fit and healthy and wanted to pass this on to other cocker owners.

She is now 14 months old and learning very fast we previously owned 2 Labs but they passed away 2 years ago. My wife and I felt lost without a dog and we work Molly on a local farm (the farm owner is a good friend) but she has the nicest temperament and being welcomed home again was sorely missed.

Once again sorry if we upset anyone - we only wanted to help. 

Thanks for explaining :D

Sorry to hear about your Labs, but Molly sounds like a sweetheart who has done that typical Cocker thing of charming her way into your hearts :luv:

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
A very warm welcome to COL, Mollie sounds lovely, looking forward to seeing some pics.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010