Author Topic: First time at groomers tomorrow. Help please  (Read 756 times)

Offline Westward

• Tessa 04/04/13
First time at groomers tomorrow. Help please
« on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:41 PM »
Tessa is going to be 'groomed' tomorrow pm.  She is a blue roan and is very hairy.  Legs in particular. What should I expect the groomer (well recommended) to do to her.. She's only 18 week old so her coat/fur/hair is still taking shape.  She definitely needs a good wash and brush up after all the gardening she does!! 

Do I just let the groomer have free rein as it were, or should I be specific in how I want her to look?  Tessa is neither to be a show or working dog.  Just a family member.

Thanks
Tessa 

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
Re: First time at groomers tomorrow. Help please
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 10:28:12 PM »
Tilly's first groom was a small trim, her feet were trimmed inside the pads and around her toes as she would slip on the floor. Nothing else was cut. Her second app just 3 weeks ago she had her ears trimmed underneath, feet again trimmed and her face hair as she was starting to look like a water hog  :005: :005:, next time I think she have her legs clipped. In between visits I coat king her weekly and it has started to take out her fluff.

Offline Westward

• Tessa 04/04/13
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
Thanks for reply. I didn't really expect a lot of grooming needed at her age, so a tidy up will be fine.

I think it's more to do with getting her used to going to be groomed.  Though I suspect she'll give Debbie (groomer) the runaround.......
Tessa 

Offline Westward

• Tessa 04/04/13
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:14:21 PM »

Oh heck I'll get it right one day.  :-)
Tessa 

Offline Westward

• Tessa 04/04/13
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 11:17:18 PM »
I thought photo hadn't worked......  Yay. Cracked it.    Tessa loved having a wash and brush up.  Debbie used a coat king thingy, tidied feet, clipped nails a tiny bit to get her used to it. 

I'm dead chuffed with her. :-)
Tessa 

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
Glad the grooming went well.
Just wanted to say that she's gorgeous  :luv: :luv: and now you've figured out how to post photos we need to see more of her!