Author Topic: White fur and marks???  (Read 1025 times)

Offline rubyduby

White fur and marks???
« on: September 04, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »
Can anyone suggest a shampoo or treatment for removing stains or whitening white fur, and where I might get it from?

Offline Miadanu

• Donator
  • Merlin
    • COL Sussex Meetups Information Thread
Re: White fur and marks???
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:52:29 PM »
Do you mean tear stains or other marks in general?

If you mean in general, we use the Wahl diamond white (forget exactly) for general shampooing which brings him up a treat.  I've previously also used the Groomer's Blue Pearl coat enhancer.  You can get both from Christie's online or Amazon I think.

When it comes to tear stains and some staining on some of his toes the only thing we found that really helped was regular (almost daily) washing with a 5:1 ratio of hibiscrub left for a couple of minutes then fully rinsed out.  As it's cosmetic only (and I've been lazy) the stains are back.

I did try the diamond eyes product once but I have to say, we got better results with hibiscrub so I haven't bought it since.

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 06:16:13 PM »
I use Groomers Blue Pearl on Rosie. She loses all the "yellow" out of her coat after use.

She gets brownish marks between her toes and tear stains, the Blue Pearl doesn't get them out completely but does lessen the colour, so are much less obvious.
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 07:57:11 PM »
Charlie isn't that pale but he always had brown between his toes. Might have to invest in the blue pearl shampoo from groomers :)
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 11:04:20 AM »
I've read a few times that the red staining around the eyes on white fur is from tomato pomace in food (I think it's the leftover from tomato product manufacturing). Check whether your dog's food contains it - if you get a food without this then it might help and you won't need to clean the fur around the eyes.

It's been talked about a lot on white dog forums like this one I found on google:
http://www.maltesetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17429

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »
Inreresting about the tomato in food, although Rosie is raw fed and still gets tear staining and on feet and round mouth from saliva.
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge