Author Topic: Ice on ice  (Read 2840 times)

Offline lesley3165

Ice on ice
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
I'm looking for a product to try to stop Meg's ears getting so knotty, I've googled and read somewhere about a product called ice on ice but can only seem to find it available in US dollars , is it available in England and if so where can I get it? Does anyone use it and is it good? Can anyone suggest another product I've bought a detangle spray from pah but I'm not that impressed with it.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Re: Ice on ice
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
I buy ice on ice from christies direct, I buy the concentrated one , costs about £36 and diluted lasts me a year.
I use it every day when grooming.

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong but I'd swear Kez's coat is a lot more knot free since we went to raw feed.
Does anyone else think this ?
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline chrisp

• Site Member

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 09:29:16 AM »
Yes you can get it over here. It's a Chris Christiansen product & it is fab stuff. I swear by it. Use it on all my dogs, but especially on my full coated black boy and it keeps his coat in fab condition.  :D
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »
Another user here  :D  mostly on my one of my cavaliers ears as they are very full, long and 'cottony' - but when we moved completely to raw feeding that is when I saw the biggest improvement in coat, and somehow Dillons ears are a lot more manageable (helen1)....but yes, it's great stuff and a 36 GBP bottle lasts a very long time on two cavs.  I've also used Cowboy Magic on tangles and matts, this is like a thin gel so it doesn't get diluted, but I was pleased with the results.

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 02:17:30 PM »
Interesting the comments about the raw feeding. Charlie is raw fed and he has a matt once in a blue moon...TBH I can't remember the last time he had one :). They do say raw improves coat conditions? Maybe it is right.

We use Ice on Ice as well, I do have other spray on conditioners, but I do like this one the best.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 06:54:42 PM »
I've just moved Mollie onto raw and apart from my main reason being that I hope it helps with her ear infections, if it does help with the matting I will be over the moon.  She gets matted so very easily and I brush her every day!!! 

Offline lesley3165

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2014, 09:02:53 AM »
Thank you everyone, just ordered some. Might explore raw feeding a little more

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2014, 09:36:32 AM »
I don't feed raw, but found yumega oil made huge difference to coat condition (and less matting). It may well be the oil content in raw diet that makes the difference.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »
I don't feed raw, but found yumega oil made huge difference to coat condition (and less matting). It may well be the oil content in raw diet that makes the difference.

We use yumega oil too (and raw feed). I do think the condition of Charlie's coat has got better, but not sure what it's down to.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
Don't flame me but I don't think its necessarily raw feeding, I think its a good healthy diet combined with good grooming and good products.
Riley is kibble fed,  brushed every day, rarely had a matt (under arm once)
I use ice on ice every day, use yumega oil or salmon oil from day 1, he has a super healthy silky coat.

Like I say I think its a multiple of combinations.

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 11:49:07 AM »
Don't flame me but I don't think its necessarily raw feeding, I think its a good healthy diet combined with good grooming and good products.
I use ice on ice every day, use yumega oil or salmon oil from day 1, he has a super healthy silky coat.

I agree, as you know we feed raw but I have nothing against other foods, we only went down the raw route as he wouldn'teat anything else. His coat is in good condition but what it's down to I don't know. However, I do like the raw idea and next time I'd definitely do it. Whether it helps coat condition or not, I don't know from personal experience.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2014, 12:15:14 PM »

I agree, as you know we feed raw but I have nothing against other foods, we only went down the raw route as he wouldn'teat anything else. His coat is in good condition but what it's down to I don't know. However, I do like the raw idea and next time I'd definitely do it. Whether it helps coat condition or not, I don't know from personal experience.

I think I would too, am still considering it tbh, only the lack of freezer space etc etc,  I do know that eden suits him and its one of the best kibble around so there is that , I do know that riley would adore raw as he does with his raw mince, definitely can see why Charlie loves that over anything else.

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »

I think I would too, am still considering it tbh, only the lack of freezer space etc etc,  I do know that eden suits him and its one of the best kibble around so there is that , I do know that riley would adore raw as he does with his raw mince, definitely can see why Charlie loves that over anything else.

DAF and I'm sure other places do a variety box, I used to get that, it took a freezer drawer of space for 20lb and it lasted about a month.