Author Topic: Ice on ice  (Read 2838 times)

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
Re: Ice on ice
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 05:53:18 PM »
I can't see how feeding raw alone stops knots altogether to be honest. Yes a good diet will help general health of course. Mine are on RC & they have natural fish treat, fish on their dinner, tripe sometimes and pure fish oil. I groom them daily. Use ice and ice and they get bathed fairly regularly, but they still matt on occasion especially in this wet weather. My red boy matts less than my heavier coated black simply cause he has less to matt.  ;)
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2014, 06:28:48 PM »
I can't see how feeding raw alone stops knots altogether to be honest. Yes a good diet will help general health of course. Mine are on RC & they have natural fish treat, fish on their dinner, tripe sometimes and pure fish oil. I groom them daily. Use ice and ice and they get bathed fairly regularly, but they still matt on occasion especially in this wet weather. My red boy matts less than my heavier coated black simply cause he has less to matt.  ;)
Agree!  Aside from a healthy diet, it's hard work that pays off  ;)
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »
I feed raw and mine get knotty, spayed one is the worst. I have Ice on ice and its lovely but I also have The Stuff and Demel'ex and I like the all but out of them all for bad matts I like Demel'ex the most.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 08:16:48 PM »
I feed raw and mine get knotty, spayed one is the worst. I have Ice on ice and its lovely but I also have The Stuff and Demel'ex and I like the all but out of them all for bad matts I like Demel'ex the most.

My friend has amazing results with demel'ex with her beard collie.

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2014, 08:23:48 PM »

I never got on with Demelex I have to say unfortunately, although I do actually know the only supplier of it here in the UK as she is the lady and training academy where I trained in grooming.  ;) The stuff is the same sort of thing as ice on ice really. Just a different make as far as I can tell although not actually tried it. I just love ice in ice, but we are all different and find what works for us. They are all great products. :)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 10:45:23 AM »

I never got on with Demelex I have to say unfortunately, although I do actually know the only supplier of it here in the UK as she is the lady and training academy where I trained in grooming.  ;) The stuff is the same sort of thing as ice on ice really. Just a different make as far as I can tell although not actually tried it. I just love ice in ice, but we are all different and find what works for us. They are all great products. :)

How do you use your ice on ice?
After mine is diluted  15/1 I literally spray while grooming him, also a quick light spray all over at the end of grooming.
Not sure whether Im over doing it or not, saying that the concentrated one lasted me about 14 months of every day use.

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »
I don't dilute quite as they say  ph34r - I'm more of a 12/1 - I find this good my Cavaliers; I use mainly on their ears, tail and leg feathers, and that would be 4/5 times per week.  The bottle I bought ages ago still has loads left...

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2014, 02:13:20 PM »
I use the premixed bottle to measure it in as it has the measurement at the bottom and then fill with water and shake. A concentrate bottle lasts forever. I soak my black boys coat in it & I mean soak daily and then brush through & comb through. By this time it has usually dried and I then give a last finer spray and brush to finish. I also do ear washes inbetween baths by just sticking a squirt of the concentrate in a big bowl of warm water swish the ears about and soak in it for short time and then towel dry off & comb through. Seems to work reall well. I don't think you can overdue it as I use tons and only good effects. No real build up and really helps keep his coat nice. :D

Offline lozzyf

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »
Thank you everyone, just ordered some. Might explore raw feeding a little more
I don't feed raw, but found yumega oil made huge difference to coat condition (and less matting). It may well be the oil content in raw diet that makes the difference.

I've found it's done wonders for Bella who I've had for just over a month and her coat has been neglected for 3.1/2 years !!!

Offline Xensgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 09:38:39 AM »
 ;) How did I ever live without Ice on Ice !!! after reading the remarks on here I bought some ready mixed - its amazing stuff. I now have the concentrate in the cupboard so I'm stocked up.  Never will I groom again without this spray  :D

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 10:09:49 AM »
;) How did I ever live without Ice on Ice !!! after reading the remarks on here I bought some ready mixed - its amazing stuff. I now have the concentrate in the cupboard so I'm stocked up.  Never will I groom again without this spray  :D

Glad you are happy with it, same here.

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2014, 05:23:15 PM »
How odd. Just came on to locate this thread & up it's popped!
I bought dome of the ready made after this thread originally started but to be honest haven't really used it. However after our fabulous holiday in North Wales last week, Jake again was horribly matted. This happened last year & I had to have him severely trimmed😢
Anyway, battling with him (not due to groomers until Friday) when I suddenly remembered about it. Used it and have managed to get through his whole coat without resorting to scissors & a much calmer boy (& owner)
Wondering about using it on ?Charlie who's coat is really dull once it has about 6-8 weeks of growth.
Looking at buying the concentrate now😃😃
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline lesley3165

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 09:26:48 PM »
Mine has arrived and have used it 3 times on meg and it is super. She has a really lovely coat anyway but her ears were getting knotty, but since using ice on ice she is so much better.  An ice on ice convert  :D

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »
So glad you all like it.  :shades: :D