Author Topic: How to be sure a puppy is a show type  (Read 7358 times)

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: How to be sure a puppy is a show type
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2017, 04:13:56 PM »
One thing for sure, if I wanted a house dog a pet for want of a better expression and I did not want to be constantly doing stuff with a dog i would not have a working cocker. So I would ensure if your wanting a show bred that it hasn't got any worker in it. Just my opinion for what its worth
Agree 100% ips.  Although my show type is truly bonkers and very loud, and on top of that takes a lot of maintenance due to the coat (as I groom him myself and don't clip).  Love both types, though.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2017, 06:40:59 PM »
I have to agree with Pearly, I know it isn't easy to do but, if your mum wants a Show Cocker then I would find another Breader .

Like ips I wanted a "Pet" who I could take for walks and snooze on the sofa with, I know I could do this with a worker but this would only be after a very long off lead walk and when we wake up we would need to do it all again :005:

I know your mum would love the pup ether way, but the WCS and SHW dogs can be very different.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 08:45:09 AM »
I have to agree with Pearly, I know it isn't easy to do but, if your mum wants a Show Cocker then I would find another Breader .

This would be my advice too - if your Mum is after a puppy with 100% show lines, there are lots of breeders who could help, she doesn't have to go for a puppy with working breeding somewhere in the background ;)
Jane

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2017, 01:14:17 PM »
Snob, as in my profile picture , was  pure show  type. Don't believe people who say they they don't have the same working ethic, or are happy to laze around!
RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 01:24:30 PM »
Lots of show cockers can have high energy levels one of my best gundogs was show but most do not come any where near the energy levels that you get with a work bred WCS with lots of red ink
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline ips

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
Lots of show cockers can have high energy levels one of my best gundogs was show but most do not come any where near the energy levels that you get with a work bred WCS with lots of red ink

Wish someone had warned me two years ago 😁
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 03:43:28 PM »

Ian I did the research before Teal acquired us and thought whats up with these people, nothing compares to a working ESS for energy BIG MISTAKE springers start to switch off at around 2 years when not working WCS don't even have a switch

Offline ips

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 04:00:56 PM »

Ian I did the research before Teal acquired us and thought whats up with these people, nothing compares to a working ESS for energy BIG MISTAKE springers start to switch off at around 2 years when not working WCS don't even have a switch

Jeff
You could have lied in order to give me hope and said something on the lines of "FT bred wcs will calm down at the age of three" 😁

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »
Ha Ha in your dreams Ian, Teal is nearly 5, she has just done zoomies, jumped on me chewed my hand for 5 minutes barked at me for being a softy because I shouted ouch, thrown a tuggy toy at me repeatedly and has now followed the other half into the kitchen to steal dish cloths.

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 04:37:58 PM »
Ha Ha in your dreams Ian, Teal is nearly 5, she has just done zoomies, jumped on me chewed my hand for 5 minutes barked at me for being a softy because I shouted ouch, thrown a tuggy toy at me repeatedly and has now followed the other half into the kitchen to steal dish cloths.

I'll ask Henry what he thinks about all this, just as soon as he wakes up.

Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline ips

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »

Don't talk to me about dishcloths, we haven't got an intact cloth of any description anymore 😁

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 08:25:47 PM »

Don't talk to me about dishcloths, we haven't got an intact cloth of any description anymore 😁

Me neither!  :shades:

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 08:35:09 PM »
We have also rekindled the ancient art of sock darning

Offline ips

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 08:37:36 PM »
We have also rekindled the ancient art of sock darning

Ha, yep and what about yet undies how many of those have been ruined. The list is endless 😁