Author Topic: Breeder references  (Read 6756 times)

Offline Misty Roan

• Donator
Re: Breeder references
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 07:09:25 PM »
no I haven't been in touch for many years. I know she retired from the doggy world. 
Misty 3.6.2011 - 1.11.2016

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 10:54:50 PM »
It might be worth a try, while retired from the dogg world, she might have a few names to give you.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2017, 08:50:30 AM »
Ironically, my Monty came from one of those type of establishments (council registered, owns a few breeding bitches) but after having 2 difficult and ultimately devastating experiences having bought 2 cockers from highly respected show breeders, I wanted to go down another route.  Monty is the most delightful, easy-going dog around, toilet trained super fast, is amazing round my daughters (the no. 1 priority after my last one) and is to date, very healthy.  I did lots of research and asked a couple of people (including one COL'er) about how their pups had progressed and both were over the moon with their dog's personality and behaviour etc from this particular breeder.  I wanted a pup which was brought up in the hustle and bustle of a family environment, which these pups are but I agree you really have to be very careful on who you choose.  Good luck!

You have been exceptionally lucky this time but your experience is not necessarily the norm and as you say you have to be really careful - just recently I have come across two puppies from commercial establishments, both puppies were sold at considerably higher prices than a good show breeder asks - the first puppy was supposed to be 4 months old and looked 8 weeks at the most (poor thing had a liver shunt not disclosed by the breeder) and the second has a pedigree which cannot possibly be true. So the thing I would stress over and over to anyone looking for a puppy is to research, research and research again and don't be fooled into paying high prices way above the norm
Jane

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 10:26:51 AM »
As Jane says it is certainly down to research and I think also word of mouth.

Geordietyke has been lucky and she more than anyone deserves it after the problems she had with her previous cockers, both from reputable breeders .  I delight in seeing Monty and the joy he brings to the family after so much pain.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed