Author Topic: Why Do Dogs Cock Their Legs Sometimes....  (Read 1656 times)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Why Do Dogs Cock Their Legs Sometimes....
« on: November 05, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »
You are all going to think I am barking mad!! :blink:  But we just had our munchkins out for a walk and Milo being an uncastrated boy likes to mark "Milo woz 'ere" at every opportunity!! :P  Anyway I just asked my OH why Milo sometimes cocks his leg to pee even when there is nothing to cock it up.......so he's just cocking in mid air and other times he stoops to pee!!?!?!? I know this is the most bizzare question...my OH was roaring with laughter at me for asking him......... :lol:  :lol:

So in conclusion to my rambaling is there any reason why sometimes they cock and sometimes they don't!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!  :huh:

Lisa xxxx

PS I'll be off to pick up my medication later on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 03:56:27 PM »
You all think I'm la la don't you!!!!!.........even i'm beginning to wonder!!!!!!!!

Does anybody elses boy cock their leg in mid air rather than up against a wall post etc?!?!?!?!??!?

Lisa xx

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 04:04:02 PM »
I don't think you're la-la, my Dillon sometimes cocks his leg even when there's nothing to cock it on & he's been castrated!  The funniest thing though, is that Nelly also cocks her leg  :lol:  :lol: .  They are so funny when they're out in the field, Dillon will cock his leg on a bit of grass, then Nelly goes & cocks her leg in the same place  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I've never seen a girly dog cocking her leg before, but then, they are COCKER Spaniels  :lol:

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 04:13:26 PM »

but then, they are COCKER Spaniels

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thank god I was beginning to think I was all alone with the random leg cocking!!! Phew!!

Your Nelly sounds comical!!!!!!!! tee hee hee!  :lol: Next time your in the field take a piccy of her doing it for us all to see just for a laugh!!!!!!

Anyone else out there got a girlie who can cock their leg!!!!!!?!??!?!?

I'm glad you don't think I'm la la was beginning to fret!!!!!
Lisa xx

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 04:21:24 PM »
My collie used to do cock his leg and nothing came out!! :P

I have yet to find out if Mikey and Herbie do this, they're too young to cock yet.  Ronald cocks his leg and falls over now he's got older :blink:
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 05:19:43 PM »
Bailey will also cock his leg when he is against nothing.  He doesnt squat though  :P  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Sue H

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 08:20:47 PM »
When we first got Bramble, I used to kid Jeremy that he would have to take the puppy out into the garden and show him how boy dogs pee .... Bramble had Barley as his role model - maybe if they have another Dog, they would do it sooner ....

Bramble's first cock-a-leekie was up aginst a pile of hay in our local walking meadows when B was about 8/9months old - he just did it all by him little self !!!

Even now (neutered at 12 mths and now 3) he will only cock his leg if there is anything there to do it against - thankfully he doesn't do it up against my planters or the cars etc - he still squats to wee .. bless him ....

His first efforts against lampposts etc were quite hilarious - he would cock his leg but didn't quite get the balance right and his wee  just dribbled onto the ground - he still isn''t the top dog in the neighbourhood (but, bless him, he doesn;t ralise that he is up against Rotty's and Danes etc ...)

There is no way you can be ashamed of a Cocker who doesn't cock - as long as they aren't weeing indoors or humping your cushions then they are fine, well-balanced little chaps ...

I have heard of this amongst small dogs and larger dogs (ie Terriers and Labs etc) but I have to say that Bramble is completely a little innocent and is thankfully free of all those urges that make them messy housemates !!!

Offline Tracey J

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 08:56:58 PM »
Brodie is almost 15 months old and uncastrated and doesn't cock his leg at all :ph34r: .  Twice I've seen him raise one hind leg by about an inch, but that's it  :lol:   He is also "the only gay (dog) in the village" :lol:  :lol:
Tracey, Molly &  little brother Brodie!

Offline Spanielsmum

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 09:16:46 PM »
:lol: my friend's boxer bitch cocks her leg, she also stands on her 2 front legs only to pee up a tree. Very strange :blink:

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 09:41:44 PM »
:lol: my friend's boxer bitch cocks her leg, she also stands on her 2 front legs only to pee up a tree. Very strange :blink:
[snapback]157949[/snapback]
:lol:  :lol:  i know someone with a jack russel who will only poo on bushes :lol:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 11:51:34 AM »
I don't think you're la-la, my Dillon sometimes cocks his leg even when there's nothing to cock it on & he's been castrated!  The funniest thing though, is that Nelly also cocks her leg  :lol:  :lol: .  They are so funny when they're out in the field, Dillon will cock his leg on a bit of grass, then Nelly goes & cocks her leg in the same place  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I've never seen a girly dog cocking her leg before, but then, they are COCKER Spaniels  :lol:
[snapback]157844[/snapback]

Mine do this (both neutered). Its funny when Ruby marks, then Wilf who might be miles away dashes over and 'queues up' behind her to do his bit, and sometimes he'll nudge her to hurry up.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 11:54:02 AM »
There is no way you can be ashamed of a Cocker who doesn't cock - as long as they aren't weeing indoors or humping your cushions then they are fine, well-balanced little chaps ...
[snapback]157934[/snapback]

Tell me about it. Most of the fosters I've had in tend to be unneutered males (or just been neutered) and mark the house for the 1st few days (and any visitors have to be reminded not to put their bags down on the floor :blink: ).
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 11:57:58 AM »
I have no idea. Bailey is the same, sometimes he will and sometimes he won't :rolleyes:
From Georgie and Bailey xxx