Author Topic: I got my grooming video today!  (Read 604 times)

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
I got my grooming video today!
« on: June 16, 2006, 07:34:54 PM »
So I got the AMP grooming video that was recommended here today in the mail!  Very excited as I waited 1.5 months for it to arrive (I live in Canada and they messed up my order so had to wait extra long).  I have to say it was very useful to watch her demonstrate the scissoring techniques and describe the lines you're trying to highlight, especially on the wooly black bitch as Bailey is just as wooly...but boy does she scissor fast!  I was falling asleep a bit through the hand stripping parts which seemed to go on forever.  Anyways, very helpful for us novice home groomers and highly recommended  :D
Bailey and Mom

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
Re: I got my grooming video today!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:46:44 PM »
We'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of an expertly groomed Bailey then.  ;)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »
Anyways, very helpful for us novice home groomers and highly recommended  :D

Feel an 'attack of the credit cards' coming on  ;) :lol:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline MrsMac

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 09:45:39 PM »
So I got the AMP grooming video that was recommended here today in the mail!  Very excited as I waited 1.5 months for it to arrive (I live in Canada and they messed up my order so had to wait extra long).  I have to say it was very useful to watch her demonstrate the scissoring techniques and describe the lines you're trying to highlight, especially on the wooly black bitch as Bailey is just as wooly...but boy does she scissor fast!  I was falling asleep a bit through the hand stripping parts which seemed to go on forever.  Anyways, very helpful for us novice home groomers and highly recommended  :D

I got mine a few months ago and I was shocked at the hand stripping when I first watched it  :o :005:  It obviously doesn't hurt the dog, the dog in the DVD didn't flinch but I felt its 'pain', lol.  I fast-forwarded through all the hand stripping cos it took soooo long (bet you wish you could do that in real life  :lol:)

Its a very good DVD and I'd recommend it too  ;)
Mairi & Melody
Melody

Friends are the angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly

Offline waisis

• Site Member
  • Mr. Big Paws
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 01:59:22 AM »
My OH was shocked that the video cost 27 pounds...as was I!  But I said it was an "educational" video and it's like taking a course in grooming HAHA!  And yes that hand stripping part was crazy.  Hair was flying left and right off of that dog!   When I tried the same technique on Bailey, there was definitely NOT any tufts of hair being pulled out by my fingers like in the video.  I don't think he can really be handstripped b/c he is neutered and hearing her say that it could take up to 9 hours to hand strip a dog!  Well FORGET that!  They do look soooo lovely hand stripped (as demostrated by some of your photos on COL) :luv:   
Bailey and Mom