Author Topic: Help - personality change  (Read 3523 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Re: Help - personality change
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 04:18:05 PM »
Tilly's blood test result was "borderline", so in view of her age and current good behaviour the vet has suggested we don't pursue this line of investigation.  She said that bile acid problems usually occur in much younger or much older dogs than Tilly and that her results were not severe enough to treat.  She was keen to find out from me how Tilly had been before she gave me the results and I can honestly say that Tilly is back to being a little  :angel:.  The vet thinks the anal gland problem is a far more likely cause of her behaviour change and I have to take her back in if her behaviour deteriorates or she has bottom problems again.  It's amazing to think that a sore bottom could cause so much mayhem!

I am so relieved to have my dog back to normal again. 

The lovely Nairn went off to his new home today and Tilly has been very mopey all day without him (me too  :'()  I thought of reminding her of how she treated him at the begining, but decided against it  ph34r.

Sue and Tilly

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 07:02:43 PM »
I'm glad Tilly is doing OK now and she is now back to her lovely self.  :luv:

As I found out with Sapphi's lump, it sometimes doesn't take much to be wrong to affect them in a big way. I'm sure you will be very relieved to her Tilly back to normal and to know what probably caused it.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to get attacked to a dog and then they leave. You are a better person than me  :angel: , I don't think I would cope at all well with that.  ;)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »

I can't imagine how hard it must be to get attacked to a dog and then they leave. You are a better person than me  :angel: , I don't think I would cope at all well with that.  ;)

No, not better Sam , just different  ;)  It is hard to say goodbye, but what makes a difference to me is that I know from the start that they are only "borrowed" and also that they will be going to fantastic homes.  I know I couldn't commit long-term to a dog the size of a labrador, so this is a compromise that works well for us.  Also, if I had kept one of the old guys I've looked after in the past I wouldn't have met all the lovely dogs that have come since.  At least I can look forward to the next one now!  Small consolation, but consolation nevertheless  ph34r

It's very quiet without the Big Guy though and I do miss the sound of his tail thumping on the floor  :luv:  Cockers are the best, but I luurve labradors to bits  :luv:

Sue and Tilly

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 07:29:52 PM »
So now Tilly's back to her old self and Nairn's gone to his forever home, when's the next GD coming to stay Sue?  ;)  :D
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2006, 07:34:23 PM »
So pleased to hear Tilly is back to her normal lovable self  :luv:

...i think its marvellous what you do Sue,  i would fail with the first foster  ph34r
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2006, 08:15:18 PM »
Glad to hear that Tilly is back to her usual loveable self, and I hope Nairn soon settles in his new home :003: