Author Topic: Wish Me Luck - With Pics  (Read 2797 times)

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
Wish Me Luck - With Pics
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:52:59 PM »
Hurley is currently being groomed outside and I am waiting for the groomer to bring him in.....

She wanted to clip his back and the top of his head!?!?  :o is this right????

I said no and in the end just told her to thin out his coat and give him a trim - I would rather have her do it again than wait weeks for it to go back.

Will post pics in a minute when he walks in the front door......

depending on whether it looks rubbish or not. ;)
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Harriet

• Site Member
Re: Wish Me Luck
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:01:31 PM »
Awww, Can't wait to see him  :luv: Is his topnot going!!??

Good Luck xx  :D ;)

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:12:25 PM »

NO

Well at least I dont think so  ;) 

A groomer clipped Daisy's back once to 'tidy her up'  >:(  and its never been the same since  ;)

Cant wait to see pics  :luv:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »
I have told her to thin it out...... we shall see how much she chose to remove!!!

NO

Well at least I dont think so  ;) 

A groomer clipped Daisy's back once to 'tidy her up'  >:(  and its never been the same since  ;)

Cant wait to see pics  :luv:

Thank goodness I put my foot down, I had an image of a dreadful mullet appearing a la Pat Sharp   :005:

it is within all my power to not run out the house into the mobile van and pull him out...... ph34r

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 08:06:13 PM »
Ok - Im just trying to find the camera cable so I can download the pics..... just my luck that its gone awol - or is it - I might just run and hide until Hurley goes back to looking like a bear!!

Its alright I guess. Just a major shock to the system now my hairy bear has gone. Some of it looks a bit messy and I dont like what she's done to his top knot he looks like a skin head who's growing it out.

She's also trimmed the little bit of hair that comes down off his willy.... I thought that was supposed to help them aim when they wee?!!!?!?!?

His ears definately look better but his tail which is docked looks like a maggot rather than a hamster....

OK - going on a hunt to find the cable and will download as soon as I find it!

x

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »
he looks like a skin head who's growing it out...............................

She's also trimmed the little bit of hair that comes down off his willy.... ..............................................

his tail which is docked looks like a maggott..................................

This really isn't painting a good picture - you really need to get a pic on here fast before we charge you with crimes against cockers  :005: :005: :005:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 08:33:46 PM »
I dont think I want to   ph34r  ph34r   :005:  I feel sorry for the poor lad.... they say that every cloud has a silver lining, at least with his poorly leg there is no chance of him being seen in public....

Funnily enough I still can't find that damned camera cable...   :shades:

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 09:55:28 PM »
Ok - here goes.

Next time the Top Knot definately stays - but I think thats because she's done a not so great job. Im not very impressed to be honest and will wait until the recommended groomer is free rather than be miss impatient pants and go to the first person's details I find.

Its not terrible but its certainly not great. In some parts there are massive chunks cut out....

My poor poor boy - how long til it grows back???

Before pic my gorgeous Hurley Bear
http://photo.ringo.com/178/178403188O756952399.jpg

After Pics..
(please excuse the messy floor - the house is currently being replastered!)
http://photo.ringo.com/181/181127604O258785453.jpg

http://photo.ringo.com/181/181128859O805392311.jpg

http://photo.ringo.com/181/181130064O021357903.jpg

http://photo.ringo.com/181/181128859O805392311.jpg

From this one you can see where he's getting a little podgy - its obviously from the lack of exercise... look at the maggot tail!  ph34r
http://photo.ringo.com/181/181127999O078035591.jpg

She's butchered his head!!!! I think its all going to have to go now...   :o
http://photo.ringo.com/181/181130078O203658384.jpg

Honest opinions please and Sarah - the number of your groomer  >:(   ::)

x

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Wish Me Luck - With Pics
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 10:08:37 PM »
luckily his good looks shine through...i wouldn't be too impressed with that 'do' ph34r
helen & jarvis x

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 10:12:11 PM »
luckily his good looks shine through...i wouldn't be too impressed with that 'do' ph34r

which parts? or is it all bad??? I've got no previous haircuts to form an opinion on....

How long does it take to grow back!?  ::)  ::)  Seriously... how long?

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 10:20:15 PM »
I'm not going to offer an opinion as Jakey is going to the groomers tomorrow and if she manages to get him looking like that I'll be grateful (he has fear aggression).

I've learnt with Meg, after making many mistakes, that it starts to grows back in a couple of weeks.  So if something doesn't look right you don't have to live with it for long  ;)
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 10:21:05 PM »
He is gorg! :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

I hate to say this, but when I saw the pics I thought " OMG what did they use garden shears" ph34r ph34r :o sorry  :-*

It wont take long to grow back dont panic, and some bits can pretty easily be tidied up :D :D :D

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »

I hate to say this, but when I saw the pics I thought " OMG what did they use garden shears" ph34r ph34r :o sorry  :-*

It wont take long to grow back dont panic, and some bits can pretty easily be tidied up :D :D :D

Yes, he is gorgeous but maybe Im biased!!  :luv:  :luv: With hair like that - only a mother could love him!!!

No worries - to be honest I appreciate the honest comments. Serves me right for being impatient  ::)  >:(

We're a right pair with our hair disasters - at least he is confined to the house under vets orders.  ::)

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »

Yes, he is gorgeous but maybe Im biased!!  :luv:  :luv: With hair like that - only a mother could love him!!!

No worries - to be honest I appreciate the honest comments. Serves me right for being impatient  ::)  >:(

We're a right pair with our hair disasters - at least he is confined to the house under vets orders.  ::)

He is a total beaut!! :luv:

I cut my own hair earlier and it looks a bit like Hurleys!!!!!! :lol: I decided if I could do the dogs I could do mine  :lol: :lol: ph34r

Not sure it was a good idea to use my dog grooming scissors on my own barnet though ph34r :lol:

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 10:35:42 PM »
He is lovely, the trimming is not too bad.
I don't know why some groomers leave a hairy throat and loads of coat on the chest ::)
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare