Author Topic: stir crazy and raring to explore  (Read 1616 times)

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
stir crazy and raring to explore
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:38:22 PM »
>:D >:D
feel compelled to join in after browsing messages with great interest. amazing to think you fellow puppy owners like me are pacing behind closed doors/stair gates garden gates longing to escape back to reality . these feelings are so familiar..they remind me so much of each time  i had just had a baby.. but instead i have a mad rampant and crocodillian toddler.. who in just the space of three weeks i already love so much..that i could not imagine life before her.  >:D  :angel: your messages have made me laugh :005: and even cry :'( but the greatest sense of fellowship is to know I am not alone.on the down side >:( my puppy of 10 weeks bites unpleasantly..she wakes me at 5 like a new born baby. But on the good side.. she is so pleased to see me she wags her little bottom off., cuddles up to me like a hot water bottle and i am proud to say is p ing and poo ing in the desired places already..  this is so reminiscent of early parent hood.. and fourth time around.. i feel so confident.. but highly reassured to know you are all out there doing it too! 2nd injection and microchip today she was an :angel:   i was so proud too at my first attempt with thinning scissors. She dozed through over an hour of gentle thinning and is again that sleek and streamlined girl i first brought home. :luv:
jo & ruby =)

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
Re: stir crazy and raring to explore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:43:23 PM »
Welcome to COL!

Offline cadbury

• Site Member
  • My wonderful Family oh and me
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 09:49:52 PM »
Welcolm to you both and yes this is a crazy world we belong to but god dont we love it :005:
Hi from ANN,Bailey, Minstrel and Merlin the cat.
My animals are the light through dark days
Update.... Bailey died yesterday age 14 .. Minstrel 8yrs ago age 17
Merlin 10 yrs ago age 17
I have now Ellaween age 7 and Willow age 2 both working type cockers Ella black and Tan and Willow choc n Tan.

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:32:14 AM »
Hello and welcome to the board, hope your baby calms down soon! :D

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 01:04:09 AM »
Welcome, and congratulations on your new baby puppy!  :D

Now read the section on how to upload pics so we can see her!  :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 08:18:22 AM »
Hiya! Welcome to COL! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby!  :D I have Milo, 15 weeks (16 weeks??? oh dear, naughty mummy is having a memory lapse..) red working cocker boy.
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 08:27:35 AM »
Welcome to the site, only a few more days before she can be released onto the unsuspecting world....

I am owned by the monkeys below,

Em x
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 09:30:53 AM »
Welcome to COL
Cant wait to see some Pic's
We have 1 hyper blue boy Toby  ::) his 3 month's  :luv:

Sarah

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:02:14 AM »
thanks for all your welcomes ! have not sorted pics out yet but i will. ruby is a brown working cocker spaniel with a white l shape blaze on her chest and white on her paws it was so hard to choose..but who can resist chocolate? She has a thick coat with a tendency to curl and a green glint in her eye that leads me to suspect she is really a crocodile in disguise as she gnashes her sharp teeth at me. ! :lol:I had planned to call her ruby angel  but presently think ruby croc is more appropriate! my daughter is called rose and is more like a thorn! my friend s daughter is grace say no more! born in may i considered ruby may.. but eastender s last in a line of psycho s put me off that too..did not want to tempt fate!
jo & ruby =)

Offline Alpha

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »
Such a beautiful name for a what must be a beautiful dog. I have Lilly who is a 6 month old lemon roan working cocker.
Good luck i would start taking ginseng and drinking lucozade now as you will have your hands full soon and need all the energy you can get. :lol:

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 09:27:27 PM »
she was ruby before i found her! my kids are named after songs and the kaiser chiefs inspired me! i sing her ruby ruby ruby regularly.she has learnt her name sooo quickly!i could not look at her black sisters the minute i saw her.i d have wanted them too! i d never seen a brown cocker before her! she gave her mum a big kiss before i took her.. i did feel mean! don t know about ginseng..perhaps that herb for bruising!arnica! and iv hit the red wine tonight so i feel mellow! im sure she is not biting so much! i have worn a skirt 3 days in a row withour her puncturing it!my daughters friend is lilly and she is very blonde..id say that was a good choice for a goldie..bet she is lovely..now i have one i feel i could so have another! shall restrain myself but am really hooked! :luv:
jo & ruby =)

Offline cadbury

• Site Member
  • My wonderful Family oh and me
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:06:02 PM »
Welcome to you and your bundle of joy :005:
yes these nips are little nips of love you know :luv: :005:
My choc roan little man Bailey or Bailey Bigglesworth thats his Sunday name because when we first got him he had two really dark chocolate rings round his eyes that looked like goggles hence the Biggles you know (pilots name from the war) but I had allready called him Bailey so he gets both and worth because he is worth his weight in gold ten times over :luv: :luv:
Hi from ANN,Bailey, Minstrel and Merlin the cat.
My animals are the light through dark days
Update.... Bailey died yesterday age 14 .. Minstrel 8yrs ago age 17
Merlin 10 yrs ago age 17
I have now Ellaween age 7 and Willow age 2 both working type cockers Ella black and Tan and Willow choc n Tan.

Offline magicflower

• Site Member
  • Ruby-doos!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »
Welcome!

I too have a Ruby! She is a blue roan and just over a year old.  :luv:

I look forward to seeing your Ruby.

Enjoy!  ;)

Tracey, Ruby and Boomer xx

Offline Alpha

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 10:10:26 PM »
the kaiser chiefs inspired me! i sing her ruby ruby ruby regularly.she has learnt her name sooo quickly!

Oh thank god it not just me I sing "Lilly Oh Lilly" to mine.

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 10:21:28 PM »
i often think i would not exchange ny children for precious stones as having them is like the most precious treasure you can have( can you tell they are on holiday! taken away from their mother for two weeks! disgraceful justice!) having added another jewell to my crown at least i anm not alone without them and this is one creature that he cannot claim holiday rights over! I like this name for a dog! it is not too human.. although the name "dave" for a spaniel really tickles me. getting names right is important i think i still love my 3 girls names.I v always kiked my own being a little different.guess it makes you feel special..we all need that! :D im a really happy bunny these days!
Johanna :lol:
jo & ruby =)