Author Topic: reassurance please tell me this gets better  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
Re: reassurance please tell me this gets better
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 11:48:16 AM »
Glad things are working out for you all xx

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007, 12:19:03 PM »
Glad to hear that things sound a lot more promising for you all :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2007, 12:30:51 PM »
Glad to hear things are getting better.
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007, 07:57:19 PM »
hi yes it seems to be ok....left them again today and was fine...infact the only accident Annie had was when we were home...but at 14 weeks i do still expect them.
ive got a lovely pic of the two curled up together which i shall put on.
The den is working although annie does sleep with us at night `(i know i know but ollie & maisie did and we like it ..)...Have to laugh though we reward Annie with treats when she goes outside....little devil goes in crouch position just for the sake of it..then runs over for a treat....clever eh?

She doesnt half whinge all the time....its like living with a right moaner...Maisie isnt very vocal....but Annie whines and squeaks sooo much....
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2007, 08:46:08 PM »
Glad you seem to have overcome the worst of it. 

I was going to suggest that you look at a soft crate, your OH might think they look a bit more appealing and less crate like if you know what I mean. 

Blue has one, he has the door open, he just goes in it at night time. 

Offline GailyK81

• Donator
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2007, 05:28:47 PM »
Ahh I am glad things are better mooks wait till you tell OH this I bought a single quilt and cover today and have made shadows crate like a little palace the quitl covers the inside side walls of the crte with a big padded doubled over quilt on the bottom Shadow thinks he is the King LOL :005: Cruel I dont think so  :005: more like me soft in the head :005:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2007, 11:00:32 PM »
We had a crate for Louie when he arrived as a puppy but put it away when he was bigger and no probs with Jasper.

However, on holiday the dogs were not settling that well but coincidently we'd brought the crates out of the car on night 2 and they opted to sleep in it covered by a throw so it was a lovely cosy den.

Since we came home I have put the crates back in the conservatory that they use, plus they have a ordinary basket but 9 times out of 10, they use the crate and the doors are open so they can choose.  Even if they just want time out, they often slope off back to bed in their crates so it has got to be because that is where they feel at ease.  They could equally choose an armchair, settee or a bed in the kitchen but the crate beckons.  :shades:

Can you borrow a crate from somewhere to try it out?  If it doesn't make anything better you haven't lost anything.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie