Author Topic: Someone is coming to visit Brocky tomorrow  (Read 19698 times)

Offline dmulally

• Site Member
Someone is coming to visit Brocky tomorrow
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:16:46 AM »
Hi All,

The ad in the paper for brocky has been answered by mostly dodgy losers who were pretty offensive and thought he was my burden to bare. They were put right as I am fairly protective of my boys. :-\

One lady has rung up and sounds genuine. She is coming to visit him tomorrow night and then I will be going to visit her if that goes ok. I wanted her to meet Brocky at my place as if we went there he would just sniff everywhere and she wouldnt get to see his gentle lving nature. For all the oldbies at fostering if I am going about it all the wrong way, perhaps tell me about it later. Not now if that is ok. Appreciate the help though.  :blink:

I just wanted to write that I am absolutely devastated by the thought of him leaving and I know Rommel will be upset but the nice lady has three teenage kids who really miss their old cocker Tali and dearly want another. Brocky can get so much more from them than little old me juggling the two crazy guys. In the time that I have had him though I have tried my absolute hardest to make him feel like not all people are horrible and that he is the most special guy in the world and he has lots to live for. This has been at the expense of time with Rommel but he gets to sleep in my bed in the mornings so that makes up for it. Brocky sleeps in the garage but I dont care about the hair as he will be with me tonight.

He has been the best influence on Rommel and has taught him how to behave in the best possible way and how to stop whining when I walk out of the house or go to work. On the first day they were hot and cold but this morning when I left for work they were in the backyard on their backs having a slap fight. Makes a nice change from him clawing at the fence howling.

The biggest highlight for me have been when I first went to meet him and the pound lady said that he will bite me and all he did was lick me and wag his tail.

To this very day I havent seen his tail stop.

I hope it never does.

Damian

Offline dmulally

• Site Member
Re: Someone is coming to visit Brocky tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 04:28:15 AM »
ps. I have no idea how the fosterers out there do this all the time  :-\

You have my admiration thats for sure.

Offline jools

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:41:19 AM »

Damian, you are an incredible person for taking Brocky on in the first place. That sounds like I am totally patronising you, and I really don't mean to, I genuinely think that you have done a really special thing for Brocky.

You know it was always going to be difficult to re home the wee guy, but you know it's the best thing for all of you, and the time he's spent with you and Rommel has helped him flourish into a dog that is now ready to settle into his forever home.

This woman sounds ideal, and  I hope all goes well for you and Brocky.

Look forward to hearing how it goes. i am sure it will be really bitter sweet for you D, but you are doing the right thing.
With love from Julie, Bramble Poppy and Coco xxx

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »
Here's hoping all goes well with the 'visits' and Brocky finds his forever home - you have given him such hope   :D  will be looking for an update soon  ;)

from us in Gozo
xxx

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 08:33:45 AM »
I usually do homechecks 1st but that doesn't matter as long as you make clear that you reserve the right to turn them down --- I actually take my own dog on homechecks just to see how the owner reacts to them as well --- Wilf ate a childs ball at the last one, oooops ::)
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Cazzie

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 08:46:12 AM »
I think it takes a special kind of person to foster dogs  :angel: Im sure you will know if this family are the right ones for this wee chap  :luv:

Good luck and good on you for caring for him so well  :shades:

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 08:57:19 AM »
Damian

You have done an amazing thing by fostering Brocky - and its clear he will always have a special place in your heart!

Well done for giving him a chance...... and good luck with this prospective owner - I hope it goes really well for you and him!!

xxxxx
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 09:55:05 AM »
Damien I am so totally bowled over that even after you have fallen heavily for Brocky you are still determined to do what is best for him even though its going to be so hard for you because you don't think the best thing is to stay with you  :'( :'( :'(

You are braver than me and I wish you all the best with Brocky's possible new home  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »
Damian, not only are Brocky and Rommel special little guys, you are too.  :luv: What you have done for this little man Brocky is amazing, you will always have that special time you have spent together inside of you, and the satisfaction that YOU made it happen, saving his life and now offering him a home with a new family who will cherish him as you have. It must be so hard letting go but so rewarding at the same time. Good luck to you and your little guys, you are doing a fantastic thing.  :D

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 11:05:56 AM »
Oh golly, am feeling all emotional after reading that!!! Having just re-homed a second dog and had her 5 weeks now, I don't think I could cope with parting with one that's settled in so well.... but that's because I'm rubbish! You saved that little dogs life and you'll know if this family is right for him too.. lots of luck, thinking of you. Hopefully she lives quite close and you'll still get to see him??

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »
Aww you just made me eyes leak,  :'(  so god knows how hard this must be for you. Hoping the lady turns out ok for him.

Steely x

Offline clarey-doll

• Limited Member
  • my 2 angels Lady and Skye
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 12:07:17 PM »
Dito to all  ;)

Damo you have done a special thing looking after the Brockster and bringing him out his self
and making him the dog he has always wanted to be ;)

You gave him a chance when noone else would my hat comes off to you ;)

I know it will be hard for you to say goodbye to him but its the start of a new chapter in
The Brocks life and you are the star to make it all happen ;) :luv:

Hope all goes wel  keep up informed ;)l

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 02:09:12 PM »
I've got very very leaky eyes too, you are very brave Damian - everyone else has said it all.  I hope Rommel is ok when Brocky goes sob sob (((hugs))) to you all.
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 02:20:03 PM »
I think you have made a very difficult decision. I'm sure both you and Rommel will miss Brocky like made when he goes.

Well done for taking him on, there are not enough of us that will take on dogs with issues.
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline bella15

• Site Member
  • Cody
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »
I've got very very leaky eyes too, you are very brave Damian - everyone else has said it all.  I hope Rommel is ok when Brocky goes sob sob (((hugs))) to you all.

Ditto - My thoughts to