Author Topic: Someone is coming to visit Brocky tomorrow  (Read 19700 times)

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Someone is coming to visit Brocky tomorrow
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 11:42:11 PM »
Awwww   :'(  You will feel a lot better once you have seen he is going to a great home. Make it a condition they have to join COL, then we can all keep an eye on him.  ;)
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline clarey-doll

• Limited Member
  • my 2 angels Lady and Skye
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 11:46:30 PM »
Thanks so much for the messages guys. Its nearly 8am here now and the prospective owner comes tonight. I will see how it goes. I will be sure to keep Rommel locked up (much to his disgust) so he doesnt steal the spotlight.

If all goes well then we can visit her this this weekend.

It was a pretty hard night last night with the two guys. Brocky is so gentle and calm that I ask him over and over again how anybody would ever want him to be put down. Normally he sleeps in the garage but last night I let both of the boys sleep on the bed with me. Rommel did his usual trick of trying to lie on my head but Brocky, ever the gentleman took his place at my feet and didnt move all night. I was up every hour to just say hi.

I took heaps of pics and footage of Brocky last night. And when going through them all I thought this was interesting.

This was taken within an hour of him first coming to my place on that fatefull day.

This was taken last night about 8pm. (sorry about the quality and the light)

Its interesting to see a couple of things to my eyes.

1. Rommel looks like he has grown. I am not referring to his physical size though.

2. Brocky is still smiling.

Today is going to be a horribly long day.

Regards

Damian

Gorgeous doggies  :luv: :luv:

dont want to sound daft(as i Am) which one is which they are identical :huh: :005:t

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 11:47:08 PM »
Damian, you are making me cry  :'(  If I didn't know better I'd say it  sounds like you are talking yourself out of this ??  :huh:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 11:49:06 PM »
You are not rambling atall, its lovely to hear what an impact Brocky has had on both you and Rommel. Gosh, you lot listened to me rambling recently about my Louis, now THAT was rambling.  :005: I wish you all the luck in the world, for whatever is meant to be will be. Give the lads a big hug that will make you feel a bit better.

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 11:51:46 PM »
If this lady isn't right, why don't you re-think your strategy? It sounds like you want him, and it sounds like the dogs are happy so.............................................?

I do hope that things work out for the best whatever happens.

And even if events leave you feeling sad, you must focus on the fact that you saved this lovely dog's life.

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2007, 11:52:56 PM »
If this is the lowest point then why are you letting him go?  I know I've had a glass or two but he has settled into your home and your heart so well  :luv:

You have your reasons and I wouldn't question them normally but as I said .................. 'hic' + my eyes are starting to leak  :'(

Do your best for Brocky but think hard about what you're letting go  ;)  He sounds as though he is more than happy with his life at the moment, as are you and Rommel.

OK - sentimental stuff over - just had to post my thoughts  ::)

Good luck Brocky - hope you find your forever home soon (if you haven't already). 

Just reread this and it's a bit full on!  I really hope that Brocky gets his real home soon.  You have done a fantastic job rescuing him and I'm sorry for making you feel bad!  I just had this hope that the peas in the pod would stay that way  ;)

Offline dmulally

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007, 11:55:52 PM »

Gorgeous doggies  :luv: :luv:

dont want to sound daft(as i Am) which one is which they are identical :huh: :005:t
[/quote]

Not daft at all. Rommel is on the right. He has a tail where Brocky has one of those retro cocker nubs on the end.

And sorry for making anyone cry. I was trying to be upbeat actually.  :-\ Mission failure on that one.

I will mention COL to his new parent and make it a condition for sure!

I still find it amusing that the pound lady asked me before she brought him out if she wanted to put a muzzle on him to stop him from biting me. Maybe Brocky would have preferred the muzzle to be on me!

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2007, 11:58:34 PM »
Awwww :luv:

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2007, 12:00:27 AM »
Ahhh, if you were not so bloomin far away I would have taken him for you. He is delightful.  :luv: Reminds me soooo much of my old boy.  :'( Look what you have done Damian you have got all the girlie's crying.  :005:

Offline dmulally

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2007, 12:04:33 AM »
If this is the lowest point then why are you letting him go?  I know I've had a glass or two but he has settled into your home and your heart so well  :luv:

You have your reasons and I wouldn't question them normally but as I said .................. 'hic' + my eyes are starting to leak  :'(

Just reread this and it's a bit full on!  I really hope that Brocky gets his real home soon.  You have done a fantastic job rescuing him and I'm sorry for making you feel bad!  I just had this hope that the peas in the pod would stay that way  ;)

You are not making me feel bad at all.

I was initially letting him go because I wanted to go travelling with Rommel but since speaking to this lady who has three children who miss their cocker, its what would be best for Brocky. If I had B as a pup I wouldnt mind so much but he has had a horrible life and needs to make up for lost time and three kids and two adults can do more than I can. I know my limitations of time although I have spent as much time as I can with him.

Its whats best for him. As long as he is happy then I cant ask for more.

If he is going to a perfect home who isnt to say there is a cocker around the corner that will rock up at the pound that will need to find a new home. I am sure Lexi in Switzerland will keep me posted as it was her who first told me about him! :P I have proved that my race car can fit two in there (with one on my lap) so I'll leave the spare seat free  ::)

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2007, 12:09:01 AM »
This is what I was thinking. You've done an incredible thing for him and now finding him the right home will be the conclusion to that. You can travel and maybe forster again in the future which may not be possible if you keep Brocky...you can help other dogs. I'd tell the new owner if she has and probs you'll have him back and make that a condition of the adoption but other than that you've savedhis life and found him a home and you may do the same for more dogs in the future. Can't possibly do better than that!
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline dmulally

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 12:10:34 AM »
This is what I was thinking. You've done an incredible thing for him and now finding him the right home will be the conclusion to that. You can travel and maybe forster again in the future which may not be possible if you keep Brocky...you can help other dogs. I'd tell the new owner if she has and probs you'll have him back and make that a condition of the adoption but other than that you've savedhis life and found him a home and you may do the same for more dogs in the future. Can't possibly do better than that!

Well said vf.

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2007, 12:12:54 AM »
I can see your garden in the future resembling Noah's Ark. :005: Good for you I say.

Offline dmulally

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2007, 12:16:12 AM »
lol I hope not!

I am limiting myself to cockers at the moment and donations to rescue orgs in oz.

A few years back I recently heard there was a puppy farm of around 90 cockers which was busted up. Imagine how many I would have got out of that one...

(they all found homes)

Offline clarey-doll

• Limited Member
  • my 2 angels Lady and Skye
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 12:18:44 AM »

I still find it amusing that the pound lady asked me before she brought him out if she wanted to put a muzzle on him to stop him from biting me. Maybe Brocky would have preferred the muzzle to be on me!

[/quote]

Nice pic :005: :005:

You big sap  :luv: :005: