Author Topic: New Cocker book in January?  (Read 17318 times)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Re: New Cocker book in January?
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2008, 01:34:37 PM »
I have just had a lovely email saying that anyone that contributed to the book will get a complementary copy and that the books are currently at Southampton docks and should be available in a couple of weeks  :D

:lol: i could go and pick mine up in person! :shades:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2008, 01:41:10 PM »

Glad everyone who's donated a pic will get a free copy of the book - a nice gesture :blink:

Yes, a really nice gesture and very appreciated - I certainly didn't expect it when I emailed (just desperate to get my book as soon as poss!!).  Going to be the proud owner of 2 books as I'm not cancelling my Amazon order (and that one will be delivered to Jarv's breeder  ;))
helen & jarvis x

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2008, 01:44:29 PM »
.. we must have been asleep when all this was going on, or maybe not joined up by then.

No you weren't asleep ;) It wasn't announced publicly but just happened that at the time the publishers were looking for informal photos of pet Cockers last year, we were running the COL Photo Comp so I directed them there and they selected some pics they thought would suit the book. Contact was then made privately with the owner of each pic. I think they would have been completely inundated with pics if we'd made a formal announcement so it was easier this way :D

Thanks Jane, I won't tell Fern she will be sad that she didn't make the grade :'(
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline LouiseAS

• Inactive
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2008, 01:46:29 PM »
.. we must have been asleep when all this was going on, or maybe not joined up by then.

No you weren't asleep ;) It wasn't announced publicly but just happened that at the time the publishers were looking for informal photos of pet Cockers last year, we were running the COL Photo Comp so I directed them there and they selected some pics they thought would suit the book. Contact was then made privately with the owner of each pic. I think they would have been completely inundated with pics if we'd made a formal announcement so it was easier this way :D

Thanks Jane, I won't tell Fern she will be sad that she didn't make the grade :'(

We didn't make the grade either  :'(
Louise & my beautiful girl Meg xx

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »
I don't know if Bracken made it into the book or not, will maybe email the lady to find out...
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 02:56:26 PM »

We didn't make the grade either  :'(

It really wasn't a case of anyone not making the grade :huh: Publishers have specific requirements re photos and know which will reproduce well in print - it's no reflection on your Cocker if your photo wasn't selected. Besides you know how many photos were entered into the Photo Comp - there's no way all of them could possibly have been chosen otherwise the book would have ended up the size of a small house ;)

Jane

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 04:01:36 PM »

Glad everyone who's donated a pic will get a free copy of the book - a nice gesture :blink:

Yes, a really nice gesture and very appreciated - I certainly didn't expect it when I emailed (just desperate to get my book as soon as poss!!).  Going to be the proud owner of 2 books as I'm not cancelling my Amazon order (and that one will be delivered to Jarv's breeder  ;))

Same here - had already ordered one on Amazon regardless. I had a feeling if they used either of mine it would be Bella being a loon - she'll be forever remembered in history as Bella the Maniac now  :lol: :lol: 
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 04:16:50 PM »
Bracken will be in there too  :D

Maybe we should have a spot the COL dog competition when people get it. I would know Jarvis but I'd probably be quite hopeless at guessing most of the dogs...
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 04:42:52 PM »
We had a quick look of the book,their is at least one photo of mom in there at a show.We wasnt asked if it was ok to use the photo but we dont really mind but we havent been offered a copy of the book we did order one last weekend

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 05:10:54 PM »

I would know Jarvis but I'd probably be quite hopeless at guessing most of the dogs...

how do you know he's not in disguise?  we have a number of fake tufts and moustaches we use here y'know.....  ph34r

(can't wait to see bracken  ;) :luv: )
helen & jarvis x

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 05:29:40 PM »
We had a quick look of the book,their is at least one photo of mom in there at a show.We wasnt asked if it was ok to use the photo but we dont really mind but we havent been offered a copy of the book we did order one last weekend

Sorry Sarah but I think the difference is that the photo of your Mum with Harvey isn't actually one of your own photos but was taken by someone else - it's one of several photos taken at WELKS last year by the look of it. I'm not sure you need specific permission from owners to take photos at shows - we've never been asked when people take pics of our dogs at shows anyway :-\

Jane

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 06:56:18 PM »

I would know Jarvis but I'd probably be quite hopeless at guessing most of the dogs...

how do you know he's not in disguise?  we have a number of fake tufts and moustaches we use here y'know.....  ph34r

You mean like this

:005:  :005:   :005:

Sorry, couldn't resist

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1:  Love it. 

Jarvis you have been made even more handsome, if that is possible.    ph34r :005: :005:

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »
Jarvis? Where? I can't see him. :huh: Just some dodgy looking hairy bloke. :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:  the pink rims are not his fave glasses tho......

that is soooo funny, i love it (thanks Jenny xxxx)
helen & jarvis x