Author Topic: List of the agility shows!  (Read 19760 times)

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
List of the agility shows!
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:56:37 AM »
A while ago we started a companion dog show list! I was wondering would anybody be interested in the agility shows on in your area. That would be KC, UKA and local shows???? If so maybe a mod could put a sticky on here and we can post them in?
http://www.agilitynet.co.uk/shows/showdiary.html

Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
Re: List of the agility shows!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 03:50:51 PM »
Hiya,

The below is a website with most agility shows and there show schedules on:

http://www.agilitynet.com/schedules/schedules.asp

- Holly -

Offline Max X 2

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »
Maxine owned by Max & Harry

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »
I think anyone who competes at any level has to be aware of the shows so far in advance that agilityeye etc is essential reading, dont think enough of us compete regularly on COL to make it viable to cross post all the shows.
Think I am the only Scottish competitor and so I would only be posting about Scottish shows to suit myself  :005:

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 09:54:22 PM »
I think anyone who competes at any level has to be aware of the shows so far in advance that agilityeye etc is essential reading, dont think enough of us compete regularly on COL to make it viable to cross post all the shows.
Think I am the only Scottish competitor and so I would only be posting about Scottish shows to suit myself  :005:

I don't compete, and don't subscribe to agilityeye - but would love to know about shows that may be taking place in areas I might be visiting throughout the year (and who knows? There might be one taking place nearby  ;)) Are spectators not encouraged?......pleeeeaaaaase ?
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline AnnaB

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:06:24 AM »
At Kennel Club shows you are not allowed to take a dog with you that is not entered for the show.  If you need to take a dog that is not competing you have to enter them as "NFC" - not for competition, but they still need to be registered with the Kennel Club and the NFC form sent to the Secretary so to be honest spectators with dogs are not really encouraged.  It is slightly different at some venues if the venue is open to the public but that is not the norm.

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:06:44 AM »
Although (with my husband's show secretary hat on now!) the rules have been relaxed slightly as "visitors" can go and register themselves and a dog  at the secretary's tent.  This rule was very quietly introduced last year and show secs / managers have to keep  short form with owners details etc.

So guests are allowed but the requirement to register is there I assume for liability./insurance reasons and so that as much as possible show management know who is on and around the site should any problems occur.

This rule was not publicised much and I know at our show last year we had 1 "guest" come and register with their dog. 

In terms of checking out shows around you you do not have to subscribe to agilitynet / agilityeye to check out their schedules page which shows all shows in the month - where and when they are.

Probably easier than all of us in different localities posting about loads and loads of different shows either in hundreds of threads or as one or twos in one massive thread! 

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 08:43:08 AM »

I don't compete, and don't subscribe to agilityeye - but would love to know about shows that may be taking place in areas I might be visiting throughout the year (and who knows? There might be one taking place nearby  ;)) Are spectators not encouraged?......pleeeeaaaaase ?

the thing is that there are so many shows that a list covering the UK would be hundreds of shows long.
Maybe if we post about agility competitions happening at other shows like game fairs, dog shows, country fairs etc, that would be more visitor friendly. Its not that an agility show is insular but alot of the time people are either competing or if they are not they are in their caravans, with their dogs by their cars or walking their dogs, its not very spectator friendly unless you are watching people you know. At the county shows etc if their is a competition then it might have an announcer, but at any other show there is nothing to tell someone who came along to watch whats going on - it certainly wouldnt make a family day out unless you know people? I am not saying this to put folk off from coming to watch, just being honest?

Freya and Cockers Bilbo and Dobbie, not forgetting the Springers Willow and Paddy

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 01:08:16 PM »
Its not that an agility show is insular but alot of the time people are either competing or if they are not they are in their caravans, with their dogs by their cars or walking their dogs, its not very spectator friendly unless you are watching people you know. At the county shows etc if their is a competition then it might have an announcer, but at any other show there is nothing to tell someone who came along to watch whats going on - it certainly wouldnt make a family day out unless you know people? I am not saying this to put folk off from coming to watch, just being honest?

I had no idea that spectators were not encouraged at Agility shows in the same way as they are at Exhibition shows; I had just assumed they were open to anyone who was interested to come along and watch!  I know non-competing dogs have to be entered NFC, just as they do in exhibition shows, but didn't realise that it wasn't encouraged  :huh:
Oldies Club

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »
Like others I'd suggest going if you know someone there otherwise it is very boring, most people sit in there cars between runs and there's not much to do except watch the dogs run which is ok for about 10 mins  :-\.
Cayley.

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 05:36:10 PM »
The country fayres that hold demos are good to watch! Rhys is demoing (if there is such a word) a few times this year. They usually let you have a go too which for people who just want to get thee chance to try is fun and for improvers its all experience!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
The country fayres that hold demos are good to watch! Rhys is demoing (if there is such a word) a few times this year. They usually let you have a go too which for people who just want to get thee chance to try is fun and for improvers its all experience!

We do demo's too  :D

Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 April
Robin Hill Spring Garden Show
Robin Hill Country Park
Downend, Newport Isle of Wight, PO30 2NU
Displays at 10:15 and 15:45 both days by Wight Wizards Agility and Flyball

Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 July
Isle of Wight County Show
Northwood Showground, Newport
Displays both days (times to be confirmed) by Wight Wizards Agility and Flyball
(There is a companion dog show too - Saturday is for sighthounds and terriers, Sunday for all breeds including novelty classes)

Oldies Club

Offline jackie 14

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 10:44:59 PM »
i caught the agility bug when Ellie was a puppy, a local agility club held a show at our local showground (Thame), saw a few cocker's compeating, look fun, found a club when she was old enough,have now been training for 18 months, this being our 1st full season, I'm hooked now. Have found it easy to download the shows in our area, from all the above web sites.

Offline crazyspaniels

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 11:49:50 AM »

I had no idea that spectators were not encouraged at Agility shows in the same way as they are at Exhibition shows;

Its not that organisers dont like spectators, its just that organisers dont go out of their way to consider spectators, we certainly dont advertise our shows are on anywhere local - you would only know about a show of you had entered, they arent even signposted as directions are given on the schedule.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 02:21:00 PM »

I had no idea that spectators were not encouraged at Agility shows in the same way as they are at Exhibition shows;

Its not that organisers dont like spectators, its just that organisers dont go out of their way to consider spectators, we certainly dont advertise our shows are on anywhere local - you would only know about a show of you had entered, they arent even signposted as directions are given on the schedule.

Open Exhibition shows are the same......no commentry, signage or advertising - I still enjoy going along to watch  :D
Oldies Club