Author Topic: A dieting question  (Read 774 times)

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
A dieting question
« on: May 31, 2008, 11:09:25 AM »
Charlie has been on Royal Canin obesity now for a month and with plenty of exercise we are hoping that when we go for his weigh in next week he will of lost some weight  ph34r 

The Royal Canin food from the vets was quite dear and only lasted a week so I bought a larger bag off the internet. 

From another thread Joannev posted a link to an Arden Grange supplier and I noticed that they did a 'light' food obviously aimed at overweight and under active dogs.   

Am just wondering if I am being *sold* Royal Canin just because the vets probably have some sort of deal with them or will it be for a certain reason ??   

Whilst the price isnt the main issue, it is a factor and the Arden Grange light 15kg is more than 1/2 the price of the Royal Canin. 

Presume if I compared the ingredients and they were similar would it be ok to change.  Also what would be the ingredient or level of ingredient that I would need to keep my eye on ?

Do Arden Grange send samples ?

Thank you x

Offline badgeralbert

Re: A dieting question
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 11:27:33 AM »
Sorry I have no advice but am interested in the Royal Canin food.  I just looked it up in the internet and couldnt believe the price difference between that and the Arden Grange!

So will be watching your thread with interest!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: A dieting question
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
Arden Grange and Burns both do a 'light' version which IMHO will do the same job as Royal Canin.  I, personally, would use AG (as it agrees with my dog) and maybe add some veges for bulk.

Yes, obviously the more a vet sells of a product, the more money they will get from sales - I can't comment on whether Royal Canin is any more effective as I have never bought it, but I can't see that the product will be noticeably 'better' than AG or Burns (and as far less in the way of additives is added to AG or Burns, that's where my allegiance would lie)

helen & jarvis x